ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP ME - very urgent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Blackwidow
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP ME - very urgent

Post by Blackwidow » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Hello friends,

I was studying in a college and I've completed up my course succesfully. At the end, they've porovide me with progress card and promised me that they'll be providing my final certificate later on. On promised date, I've contacted them and they didn't gave me a satisfactory answer. Now I have limited time on my visa and they're still not answering me about my qualification nor they're giving me further Cas. Is there anyone here who can help me finding me a new college? so I can extend my visa and later on I can change my sponsor to my desired institute. Plus what legal actions I can take against them? Even if I go back.

PLEASE HELP ME AS I AM REALLY STRESSED AND GENUEINLY NEED HELP BECAUSE MY COLLEGE HAS LEFT ME HELPLESS

Thank you for help in advance

iamnew

Re: PLEASE HELP ME - very urgent

Post by iamnew » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:54 am

what college is it ? may be you can complain to home office if they not treating you as you expected

Blackwidow
Newly Registered

Re: PLEASE HELP ME - very urgent

Post by Blackwidow » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:10 pm

iamnew wrote:what college is it ? may be you can complain to home office if they not treating you as you expected
Well it's a local college and I would prefer not to reveal its name. is there anything else I can do apart from complaining it to home office? In terms of legal action?

Blackwidow
Newly Registered

Time required to issue qualification

Post by Blackwidow » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:12 pm

Hi friends,

I am a registerd student with edexcel awarding body and my college is not issuing my final qualifitcion. Can anyone tell me what is the legal and declared time that is required by a college in order to issue qualifitcion? I mean the time in which college must have to issue qualifitcion and its legally bound to do so in that time. Thanks

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: Time required to issue qualification

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:26 am

hello,

i would urge you to share the name of the college so that other can know about it too.
you can possibly lodge a complaint to the UKVI and inform them that the college has been doing so.
moreover you can also inform the Edexcel awarding body that the college has not provided you with the certificates.

in terms of you certificate you can check with edexcel whether it has been issued or not. if yes then it must be with the college. if not then you must contact the college to find out what has been going on.

Blackwidow
Newly Registered

Post by Blackwidow » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:47 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:hello,

i would urge you to share the name of the college so that other can know about it too.
you can possibly lodge a complaint to the UKVI and inform them that the college has been doing so.
moreover you can also inform the Edexcel awarding body that the college has not provided you with the certificates.

in terms of you certificate you can check with edexcel whether it has been issued or not. if yes then it must be with the college. if not then you must contact the college to find out what has been going on.
Thank you for helping me. Well, doesn't matter if I share its name or not as it's license has been already revoked but I will surely reveal it's name later on. Back to the issue, Can you please guide me how I can report it to UKVI? and what kind action UKVI will take in terms of recovering my qualification?

searoze

Post by searoze » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:39 pm

Thank you for helping me. Well, doesn't matter if I share its name or not as it's license has been already revoked but I will surely reveal it's name later on. Back to the issue, Can you please guide me how I can report it to UKVI? and what kind action UKVI will take in terms of recovering my qualification?
At this point your problem is not to report that college to UKVI but obtain your pass certificate. So I would suggest you to contact EDEXCEL as soon as you can. Provide them your registration number and ask if your certificate has been issued. If answer is yes then ask EDEXCEL to provide you a duplicate certificate. If answer is NO then your college cheated you badly.
If you lodge your complain to UKVI, I doubt if they take any action because they have revoked their license already.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:51 am

Blackwidow wrote:
aaliya1986 wrote:hello,

why do you think that ukvi shall take action against the college for not issuing you/others their certificate? for this you must complaint to the awarding body who shall than ask the college about it.

the home office is only there to ensure that the colleges/students are following the immigration rules and policies set by them. not to get your certificate from the college.

and as i said earlier. check with edexcel if the certificate has been issued or not, if not then ask the college why. if yes, then again ask the college where is the certificate. if no luck at all then re-order the certificate from the college.

again i would insist that please share the name of the college so that if there are any people here who know about it will guide you.

Blackwidow
Newly Registered

Will college refund my fee?

Post by Blackwidow » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Hi

If I change my sponsor, as I am not happy with my current college, will college refund my fees? As I have paid my total fees in advance. Thanks

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: Will college refund my fee?

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:46 am

look for the college terms and conditions in regards to the refunds. (you should find it on their website)

it depends from college to college. Every college has their own way of dealing with refunds.

Some colleges and universities do refund your payment but some do not at all.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:50 am

You should look at the college's terms and conditions and refund policy.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.