ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

working rights while courts appea goin on for Tire 4 Student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Roshiend
Newly Registered

working rights while courts appea goin on for Tire 4 Student

Post by Roshiend » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:05 pm

hi,

My visa being refused and I have court hearing. I have already finished my studies and waiting for court result to start my PhD. however iv been working only 20 hours per week while my appeal on court. today I went to work, and immigration came and informed me that I cannot work at least 20 hours while my case on court. they said i breached the law. and they said law has changed and I cannot work after finished my studies.

However I came here 2008 and as I know Law has changed and effect the people who came after 2009. I have been told my solicitor that I have working rights and I will treat as a normal student until I get positive result.

I'm just wondering who is right?

and what is my working rights can I work?

or cant i work at all as my I have hearing ?

Thank you.

maberl2002

Re: working rights while courts appea goin on for Tire 4 Stu

Post by maberl2002 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:37 pm

as far as i know
according to immigration Act 1971 section 3c

if you have applied for further extension of your leave to remain before your visa expires. your previous visa( or shall we say rights)
are extended untill your application is decided

and it also includes appeal in courts.

if you had 20hrs working permission on your last visa then you can continue working 20hrs and your solicitor is right.

the immigration officers who would stop you outside or at work are stupid people who dont really care about you or how their misguidance may affect you.

Roshiend
Newly Registered

Tire 4 Working rights

Post by Roshiend » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:31 pm

guys,

I have applied visa extension 2012 January and it got refused while I'm mid of my studies . However, I have finished my studies now. since visa was refused I have had hearings and still have a ongoing hearing for visa extension.

my question is ,
Am I Allowed to work 20 hours per week while I have a ongoing hearing.

Thank you.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Tire 4 Working rights

Post by Zee ali » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:30 pm

Roshiend wrote:guys,

I have applied visa extension 2012 January and it got refused while I'm mid of my studies . However, I have finished my studies now. since visa was refused I have had hearings and still have a ongoing hearing for visa extension.

my question is ,
Am I Allowed to work 20 hours per week while I have a ongoing hearing.

Thank you.
Tell us bit more about your case.
u applied visa in jan 2012 when u got refused?

and how come u r in appeal process from 3 years?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Roshiend
Newly Registered

Post by Roshiend » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:30 pm

it has being refused November 2012 then appeal against the decision. I had court hearing from first tribunal to Supreme court. in supreme court judge agreed there was fault and appeal granted.In that hearing, court ordered to home office to pay some amount of barrister fees.Also ordered to reconsider matter from the beginning. therefore, I'm in first tribunal again.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:31 pm

Roshiend wrote:it has being refused November 2012 then appeal against the decision. I had court hearing from first tribunal to Supreme court. in supreme court judge agreed there was fault and appeal granted.In that hearing, court ordered to home office to pay some amount of barrister fees.Also ordered to reconsider matter from the beginning. therefore, I'm in first tribunal again.
U cant jump from ftt to supreme court. Did u get UT hearing? if yes than did u get court of appeal hearing?

Or after UT refusal u choose JR route?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided