ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfer of Sponsor

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amcdk9
Newly Registered

Transfer of Sponsor

Post by amcdk9 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:27 pm

I recently started a masters programme and want to withdraw and transfer to a different university. If I transfer, I won't be able to begin until September. How does this work? I don't want to be kicked out of the country until September if I withdraw from the course now.

Also, if I am issued a new CAS, how do I update my visa?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Transfer of Sponsor

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:58 pm

If you withdraw from your current course now your current university will report this to the home office and withdraw sponsorship of your visa. The home office will then at some point curtail your visa to 60 days. You will therefore need to leave the uk and apply for a new visa using a CAS from your new university. Strongly suggest you seek advice from the international student advisors at your current and prospective university. Before you withdraw You need to be confident that the new university are able to issue you a CAS given that you have previous study at the same level.