ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after dissertation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

calel5151
Newly Registered

Travelling after dissertation

Post by calel5151 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Hello all,

I recently became aware of this website and i found useful information on this board. Therefore i have decided to register with the immigration board and here i am with my first query.

I am an international student from Pakistan currently enrolled for MSc Accounting and Finance at Queen Mary university of London. I have passed all of my module examinations, all that is left is dissertation which is due to be submitted on 1st of September 2016. I plan on visiting my home country in September after submitting my dissertation and then come back in the UK to attend my convocation which is to be held this December. My visa expires next year (2017) in January. I would like someone to guide me on my scenario and hence i have the following questions:

Q-1- Will i be allowed re-entry in the UK after my course duration has ended (which is this September)?
Q-2- What is the earliest possible date i can come back for my convocation?

I would highly appreciate if someone could guide me on my case. Thanking you in advance.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling after dissertation

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:56 pm

You may want to take a look at the following sticky topic, as similar questions about re-entering after final exams have been raised by a number of members recently.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 12682.html

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling after dissertation

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:39 pm

calel5151 wrote:Q-1- Will i be allowed re-entry in the UK after my course duration has ended (which is this September)?
Q-2- What is the earliest possible date i can come back for my convocation?
There is detailed guidance about this on your university's website!

https://www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk/internat ... ntering-uk
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.