ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to UK with a close expiration passport

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KhaledAnwar
Newly Registered

Travelling to UK with a close expiration passport

Post by KhaledAnwar » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:03 pm

hello...

recently i was granted a student visa to study in the UK...

i am planning to make my travelling on Jan 20, 2017 but my passport is expiring on April 5, 2017...

My visa duration is for 4 years though my visa vignette states visa for 1 month as UK is giving BRP cards after entry to UK with the exact duration...

Secondly I am planning to re-issue my passport whilst being in the UK...I have contacted the Bangladesh Mission in London, and they have confirmed it generally takes 25-30 days (including weekends) to deliver the passport...

If I count days from my travel date, I exactly get 2 months 16 days in my passport before it can be declared as expired...

I need suggestion regarding the entry and the airlines...

noajthan

Re: Travelling to UK with a close expiration passport

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:11 pm

KhaledAnwar wrote:hello...

recently i was granted a student visa to study in the UK...

i am planning to make my travelling on Jan 20, 2017 but my passport is expiring on April 5, 2017...

My visa duration is for 4 years though my visa vignette states visa for 1 month as UK is giving BRP cards after entry to UK with the exact duration...

Secondly I am planning to re-issue my passport whilst being in the UK...I have contacted the Bangladesh Mission in London, and they have confirmed it generally takes 25-30 days (including weekends) to deliver the passport...

If I count days from my travel date, I exactly get 2 months 16 days in my passport before it can be declared as expired...

I need suggestion regarding the entry and the airlines...
Suggest ask your airline as only you know who that may be.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Your passport must be valid at the time of traveling. There is no requirement from UKVI that you passport must be valid for X amount of months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KhaledAnwar
Newly Registered

Post by KhaledAnwar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Thank you guys for your reply.

I have booked my tickets with emirates and it seems like they don't have any problem in allowing me to board.

Now query remains for the immigration counter matter. CR are you sure about what you said in Reply 3?

Thank you mates.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:08 pm

KhaledAnwar wrote:Now query remains for the immigration counter matter. CR are you sure about what you said in Reply 3?

Thank you mates.
Yes, I am sure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.