ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

University's Placement Fraud / Urgent help needed

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dxbtouk
Mood:

University's Placement Fraud / Urgent help needed

Post by dxbtouk » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Hello friends , i need urgent help as i think the university has done a fraud here .

I am doing my Masters in Chemistry and i came to UK in January 2014 and studying in one of the Universities .
The Course itself is 1 year Course + 1 year placement and as this course has a placement year i have come to this University by paying £12,000 or else i would have gone to some other university by paying less fee .

The problem is , at the time of Admission the University's International Recruitment Officer and the Education Consultancy said that the course is 1 year course + 1 year placement and it wasn't mentioned anything about the deadlines for looking for the placements .
However , now the university is saying that as i did not find the placement i have to go back to my country as my course will be shorten by a year which is i should finish my course by March 2015 . I have applied to the placements but no luck so far and as you all are aware not every person gets the placement in the university . The University did not mention about this at the time of Admission but they are just marketing it as 1 year course + 1 year placement and the story is different once the student comes back to UK . I think its all bluff from the University's side and i currently do not know what to do as i paid all the fee and my Module leader is just asking me to finish the project , write the exams in Jan 2015 and leave in March 2015

(a) What options have i got now
(b) What action can i take against the university
(c) What other visa options have i got ? Is it possible that i can start preparing for the Tier.1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa ?
(d) Can i approach any solicitor into legal advice but i am sure they will rip me off
(e) Can i change to some other course once i finish my studies in March 2015 and i think i can continue staying in UK another 4 months after March 2015 ? Correct me if my understanding is wring on this .
(f) What will happen , if i fail in 1 / 2 subjects in Jan 2015 examinations ? Will the University kick me out forcefully ? How does it exactly work?

I would really appreciate if someone can please update me on this or share their views . I really want to live in UK.Hope to hear from someone soon . Thanks for your time .

kuzaaah

Re: University's Placement Fraud / Urgent help needed

Post by kuzaaah » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Name and shame the University. I know a case though not similar. The university promoted a course that was not accredited on their website. The uni provided vague information on their website which deceived students. The lady engaged a lawyer who wrote to the school several times. The uni was bullish at first but it had to refund the lady's fees for tuition not received and suggested other ways to compensate the lady. I suggest contact the Education services agency that facilitated your admission and complain real loud and clear. Focus on the word deceit and fraud! Complain to the international students adviser, if you have money, engage a lawyer that you have been deceived. Make noise which will affect the reputation of the uni and the education agency. The uni wants to see what you will do.
People need to know that with the new immigration reforms, universities are out to deceive many unsuspecting students into parting with their £12,000 or more. I always tell non EU students who are been serenaded by the graduate employment ratings been thrown around by universities to beware. They are after your money and when they get it, you are discriminated and treated like a refugee when you arrive the UK
Alternatively, you can remain quiet and go home after your exams. Your fortune is not solely dependent on your stay in the UK.