ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsure if I am banned from UK on refused entry

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nicholasricci83
Newly Registered

Unsure if I am banned from UK on refused entry

Post by nicholasricci83 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:05 pm

I am currently taking life in stride now finishing off my student visa for this year and unsure if I might be banned.

September 2014 I was told to leave the UK from my University as I had to resit an exam in my home country. Was a horrible year and alot of personal/family problems. I complied and left voluntarily

September 2015 I contact my university requesting information on the process of renewing my student visa. I was misinformed by a welfare officer and told that all I had to do was arrive at the university and my visa would be renewed.

When I landed on September 30th 2015 I explained my story to the Boarder Agent and was refused entry. I was ordered to take the next flight back to Canada, however I have flight anxiety and the seat they gave me was extremely uncomfortable and request a middle isle to avoid the window seat. I was then detained and ordered to take the next flight back to Canada which I was able to do voluntarily

As far as I remember I received no paperwork stating that I am banned from the uk, nor is there any flags on my passport told by my Country's passport office.

What I do have is a Notice to detainee letter

The university has sent me a CAS number and I'm filling the application as we speak for a new Visa...however I am going through alot of anxiety. Has anyone gone through this experience or know whether I can expect a positive outcome?

I had 10,000 pounds on me and my flight was paid for by British airways. Another concern of mine. They did not request me to pay for my ticket even though I had cash on hand!

noajthan

Re: Unsure if I am banned from UK on refused entry

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:38 pm

Request a SAR from UKVI to see what HO/UKVI has on file about you in its databanks.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Unsure if I am banned from UK on refused entry

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:51 pm

Does your passport have an entry stamp for the date you entered last and it has a hand drawn cross through it?