ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed - original IELTS cert not received in tim

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rosethorn89
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed - original IELTS cert not received in tim

Post by rosethorn89 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi guys,

I really need some help. My fiance has been accepted to do an MSc in London in September, but he was 0.5 short of the IELTS score, so he must do a pre-sessional course which begins on 7th August. We have managed to get a priority appointment with the visa application office here in Rio for tomorrow morning. However, his original IELTS certificate hasn't been received yet. The results were published online on 25th July and the British Council here in Brazil have told us it can take up to 13 days(!) to receive the original. This would take us up to the 7th August, the day he's supposed to be in London. The uni are quite strict on attendance and so have put on his CAS statement that the latest they'll accept him is on 11th August.

Does anyone have any idea what we can do about the IELTS certificate? I've written a cover letter explaining why we don't have the original, I've included dates and also the TRF number that the uni used to confirm the results, but I know for visas they're very strict about the original certificates.

Please help, any ideas welcome.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Urgent help needed - original IELTS cert not received in

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:20 pm

I do not believe you actually need the hard copy document see here

https://www.gov.uk/.../list_of_approved ... 1_07_14...