ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*** URGENT *** Passport lost by HOME OFFICE

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snehal_mjcd
Newly Registered

*** URGENT *** Passport lost by HOME OFFICE

Post by snehal_mjcd » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi Friends ,
I had applied for Tier-4 visa on 06 Oct 2014 , Today on 16 Oct 2014 i have received a letter from H.O saying that they havent received my Passport , BRP Card and photos. I had send all the documents along with passport , BRP and photos in the same envelop via Royal Mail Standard Delivery as advised by the post office. H.O asked me to send them before 24 Oct 2014 failing to which they will cancel my visa application. Also the college whoes CAS letter i had used for this application is D-Listed today.

I dont know what to do now , can anyone please advise.
Many Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: *** URGENT *** Passport lost by HOME OFFICE

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:30 pm

You did not send your valuable documents using registered or recorded delivery?...

But you believe HO have lost it? That is an argument you will never win.

As for what to do, pray your documents turn up for one thing and find out what is happening with your college. They will be suspended if they have just come off the list. Very few colleges are getting back on at the moment. I would look for another college as a back up in the interim.

Without a passport you are completly stuffed as no one is going to issue you a CAS so look into getting a new passport from your embassy as another option.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: *** URGENT *** Passport lost by HOME OFFICE

Post by Greenie » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:33 pm

They probably haven't lost your documents. This is just a standard letter that is automatically sent out if the documents are not scanned onto the system within a week of the online application. There are currently delays in the home office scanning the documents once received. It's a bit worrying that you haven't send the docs by special delivery though and am surprised the post office advised you to send it by standard post. If you get a biometric letter you can assume your docs have been received.

You need to start looking for a new sponsor.