ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT, Please help - college not releasing my qualification

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

billi3333
inactive

URGENT, Please help - college not releasing my qualification

Post by billi3333 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I've completed my HND level 5 successfully,after long struggle and loads of hassle I've managed to obtain my transcripts and progress card from college however college is delaying my diploma without any valid reason. Every time I ask them for diploma they don't give me logical and satisfactory answer. Please tell me how I can get my diploma? so I will be able to pursue my studies in further level. Plus is it possible to take further admission on the basis of progress card and transcripts? Please help me as I am very upset. Thanks In advance

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: URGENT, Please help - college not releasing my qualifica

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:36 am

The fastest and simply the best route is no go to the awarding body for your qualification and get them to issue you the certificate.
Is it possible to go forward on the transcript etc, yes it is but there is a risk attached to that.

billi3333
inactive

Post by billi3333 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:33 am

Frontier Mole wrote:The fastest and simply the best route is no go to the awarding body for your qualification and get them to issue you the certificate.
Is it possible to go forward on the transcript etc, yes it is but there is a risk attached to that.

Thank you very much for reply. I have just spoke with awarding body and they have informed me I can't claim my certificate only college can claim it but college has updated awarding body that my qualification has been completed. Please advise me. Thank you

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:10 am

Let me guess - you are is some form of dispute with the college over fees / costs outstanding and they are using the certificate as leverage?
It is a bit disappointing that the awarding body is not supportive of your issue. Did you confirm that the certificate has actually been sent to the college? If it has not then obviously your college can not even deliver it to you even if you meet their demands.
The only place left if you can't get the college to release the certificate is to report the issue to your Trading Standards office in the bough where the college is based.
Have you got correspondence from the college stating they won't release the certificate unless X or Y is done first? If not you need to get the college to commit to that kind of statement before you try to progress your complaint.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:06 am

if the college does not want to release the certificate.

why dont you order a replacement certificate.? there is no harm in ordering a replacement certificate.

good luck