ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent!! Please need your advice.. Tier 4 Bank letter issue.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

surfsumi
Mood:

urgent!! Please need your advice.. Tier 4 Bank letter issue.

Post by surfsumi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:14 pm

My visas expires in 2 days time. received bank letter on Wednesday. It is a Fixed deposit ( cash) under my fathers name & bank letter clearly says that can be withdraw without any prior notice ( even whole amount). Now my college make it a issue saying they have to check with UKVI if they can accept Fixed deposit bank letter. They contact UKVI today but the Officer informed them that he/she has to contact supervisor regarding that issue. it will be tomorrow morning college get a reply from UKVI ( well they hope).
Have checked with a solicitor & they said that will not be a issue since bank confirms the money can be withdrawn at any time.
Now I'm scared that if the UKVI dealy replying college I will overstay with my family ( my child & spouse).. Would be greatful if you could advice me what steps I can take if UKVI not replied before my visa expires.
Thank you.
SURESH

dmp

Re: urgent!! Please need your advice.. Tier 4 Bank letter is

Post by dmp » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:41 pm

Suresh

For T4 Licence and financial purpose, Colleges have to make sure student visa application not fall in refusal so they have to check with UKVI before issue CAS for you,

Sometime fixed deposit can be argue as a term contract with bank to earn interest and it is not ready to use (Compare to current AC) and also value of cash changes every month due to interest or break term of contract. However you have provided letter by bank saying funds is available to withdraw any time without notice for your study which can go in your favour as solicitor said.

Time is big issue in your case, if UKVI replies late and says YES, you can attach copy of email conversations (college and UKVI) it can be grounds for your late application.

If UKVI replies No, Either look for another T4 Sponsor Or you leave country and start all over again for next term.

best luck!

surfsumi
Mood:

Re: urgent!! Please need your advice.. Tier 4 Bank letter is

Post by surfsumi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:20 am

thank you for your reply. finally college got a response from UKVI & it was 'yes'. I managed to sent the applications last moment(yesterday) :D . Hopefully everything will be ok. Thank you again for your advice.
SURESH