ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Student Visa after FLRo

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

balaaal

Urgent Student Visa after FLRo

Post by balaaal » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:16 pm

I came to uk in september 2006 on 4 year student visa on a Business course. But college was closed in mid 2007. Then I got admission in university direct entry into 3rd and final year of BBA as they accepted my previousDegree as 2 years from backhome. I finished my degree in november 2008. Then i took admission in a college in business diploma till august 2010.
Then I got PSW from october 2010 till october 2012. I applied for entrepreneur visa in october
2012 which was refused in july 2014. Now I applied for FLO application so that i can maintain my maintenance funds Which is still under process I want to switch to tier 4 now. But i am struggling to get addmission in a college as they all need my passport which is with homeoffice.

What can I do to get addmission
and how will 5 year cap apply on me accoding to my visa history and study history
Gurus opinion required
thanks

balaaal

Re: Urgent Student Visa after FLRo

Post by balaaal » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:22 am

156 Views and no reply :(

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:24 am

Three things to consider:
Have you studied for five years or more to date?
If that is a yes you can not get a CAS unless you are going to do a PhD.
Colleges are very wary of potential students with your immigration history and you are not a good bet to get a visa. Hence they are not falling over themselves to offer you a CAS.
The last issue is educational progression - it would allow you to go for a masters but only in so far as the balance of remaining years to your cap. If it is a two year course and you only have a year left they can't offer it.

I think you know the FLRo will be refused so all in all you are going to be in a sticky situation.

balaaal

Post by balaaal » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Thats Why I have mentioned by clear educational history in this country, so that i can get some advise how long do i have to study more
according to 5 year cap.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:29 pm

You have to be precise - total months study per academic year is required to calculate the five years.
Five academic years is not how it is measured, it is the actual study time so you could be totally outside if your courses were full 9 month courses or well under if they were only 6 months.

balaaal

Post by balaaal » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi
The main issue at the moment is that i am struggling to get admission in any college. No college is giving me admission as i am applying after FLRo and all my documents and passport is with home office (I do have photocopies)

Can someone advice me please what should i do in this situation.

thanks

balaaal

Post by balaaal » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:26 pm

No comments by Gurus :(

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:02 am

You are not answering the relevant questions posed to you in regards how much actual time you have spent studying. That is the main crux of the matter and without that information no one can help you. If you dont know then what hope has a college of assessing you to see if you are worthy of issuing a CAS to?

The fact that your documents are with the HO is of no consequence. They can be retrieved easily if you wish but in doing so you will abandon your application.

As for having a FLRO outstanding - to be fair that was youe choice. Any educational Sponsor has to consider you as a viable student. The message you have sent out is that I am not a student but just seeking a method to remain in the UK. Look at your immigration history and consider objectively why any college would risk a CAS and thereafter their licence to support you?

Your are stuck with going forward with your FLRO by the looks of it. Your only other choice is to seek a tier 2 COS and vary your application.

balaaal

Post by balaaal » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:03 am

My actual study time was 3 years. My FLRo has been refused so I want to apply within 28 days rule.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:38 pm

So you now have 28 days to find a Masters level course that lasts no more than two years study time to meet the 5 year cap. So that's your starting point.

Getting a college to issue a CAS is an entirely different matter to when you last applied under tier 4. You will have to do a fair bit of ringing or emailing to see if there is a willing college. Very few will readily entertain students applying from tier 1 routes. Uni's can be more receptive but I think you will have missed the boat as term has started.

Did they send you your documents back?

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:05 am

@ balaaal, why did you not appeal the Entrepreneur visa refusal in July 2014 instead of applying again for FLR(O) which you knew will likely be an outright refusal again.

You could have easily appeal instead of complicating your case with multiple application which HO might interpret to mean that you don't have a genuine interest in any UK business.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

robeenson12
Newly Registered

Post by robeenson12 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:12 pm

Hello Balaal,

I am exactly the same position as you were before. Could you please let me know, did u find any cas and what did you do. Please update me. It would be really helpful for me.

regards
Rob