ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Student Visa rejected twice - Effect on UK Student Visa ?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

perfect try
Newly Registered

US Student Visa rejected twice - Effect on UK Student Visa ?

Post by perfect try » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:52 am

Hi.

I was rejected a US student Visa(F1 Category) twice - once on 26th May 2011 and then again on 10th June 2011. The denial was because I wasn't able to prove home ties to my country and was handed a 214(b) booklet explaining more about the rejection. According to me a major reason for my rejection was that my real sister lives in US and is 3 hours away from my Uni.

I have been accepted into 5 uni's in the UK for an under graduation course in Management and I have decided to attend Brunel University (Highly Trusted Sponsor) hence I will have to apply for UK Tier 4 Visa. In the UK visa application I will mention about my denials as I do not want to take a risk but is there any way to improve my chances? There is a specific column where in you can explain more about your application - should I mention that I was rejected US visa because of my sister? Or can that become a drawback? May be I should just mention about why I want to study in UK and leave the sister part?

I will have more than required finances and I am also required to pay 3000 pounds to receive CAS(Will that be a positive point that I have already paid a part of tuition fee?).

I have a very good academic background if that helps.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you, Please shed every piece of info and advice you can.

vashini84
Newly Registered

Re: US Student Visa rejected twice - Effect on UK Student Vi

Post by vashini84 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:45 pm

I am in a similar situation. Got rejected for a Canadian student visa twice on grounds of insufficient ties to home country. I assume it's because my brother lives in Canada - must have made them suspicious about my intentions although I am genuine student with excellent academic background with internationally recognised qualifications and really good GPA. How would this affect my UK student visa? If someone can please shed some light into this, I would be most grateful. Anyone who has been in similar situations and been granted a student visa to UK? Some kind soul, please reply.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:25 pm

I do not think anyone can answer this question except immigration officer who will be dealing with your case. It all depends on his/her view and understanding of the situation. The more you explain in the cover letter the better it will be for your application. I think that any previous visa refusal would take an attention of immigration officer, especially if the visa application was refused twice, and officer will spend more time studying all details of your application. I would not think it is a 100% refusal just because you had refusals before. But they will check everything more carefully. Again it is only my point of view. If you do everything right it should not be a problem. Think what you did wrong before and why did you get refusals. Do not repeat your mistakes.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:39 am

There will be a number of points the ECO will consider given your previous refusals.
The stated reasons for the refusals,. The US & Canada have different student visa rules much closer to the pre PBS student visas in the past for the UK.
If the only reason was lack of ties then that will not have a bearing as that it not a requirement under Tier4.
They will then consider what you have done since the refusals, have you continued to study so maintaining your student status. If that is a yes then you are in a good position.
The next point will be the invite to interview probably over the Internet where you will be put through the genuineness testing where you will have to answer the usual why, how and what. If you are a Uni student that makes things a little bit smoother in that the fact your paying a fortune to study shows your commitment however they will dig alot more into how you can pay the fees unless you have a spare $100000 in the bank : :D

Progression, intent, knowledge of course and educational establishment and above all why the UK to study will be the areas they will test.
The obvious barrier will be why the UK after other countries have refused you? You will need to consider that answer carefully.

kenny1
Newly Registered

Post by kenny1 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:54 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:There will be a number of points the ECO will consider given your previous refusals.
The stated reasons for the refusals,. The US & Canada have different student visa rules much closer to the pre PBS student visas in the past for the UK.
If the only reason was lack of ties then that will not have a bearing as that it not a requirement under Tier4.
They will then consider what you have done since the refusals, have you continued to study so maintaining your student status. If that is a yes then you are in a good position.
The next point will be the invite to interview probably over the Internet where you will be put through the genuineness testing where you will have to answer the usual why, how and what. If you are a Uni student that makes things a little bit smoother in that the fact your paying a fortune to study shows your commitment however they will dig alot more into how you can pay the fees unless you have a spare $100000 in the bank : :D

Progression, intent, knowledge of course and educational establishment and above all why the UK to study will be the areas they will test.
The obvious barrier will be why the UK after other countries have refused you? You will need to consider that answer carefully.
going f
Us immigration system is different from uk

Relax ,the circumstance of you intending to study in the US or refusal in American Embassy has nothing to do with your UK study
Infact, it will be very silly for a case offer to determine your extension based on the refusals sticker on your passport

So Dude , stay calm!!!!!!!