ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Use of maintenance funds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

visitor2015
Newly Registered

Use of maintenance funds

Post by visitor2015 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Should the money showed in the account (after deducting part of tuition fees) for tier 4 student visa continue to be available after application is made? can it be taken out after application is made,for living costs other than university accommodation fees and tuition fees?

vstar
Newly Registered

Re: Use of maintenance funds

Post by vstar » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Detailed information regarding maintenance funds in all categories can be found here:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ndix_C.pdf

Maintenance funds refers to funds available over a period of time prior to applying for the visa (up and until the point you apply for the visa).

vstar
Newly Registered

Post by vstar » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:33 pm

I just found another source which confirms the same: http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... -finances/#

visitor2015
Newly Registered

Post by visitor2015 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:59 pm

thank you.
"(ca) If the applicant is applying for entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 4 Migrant,
he must confirm that the funds referred to in (a) above are: that the funds will remain available in the manner specified in paragraph 13 below unless used to pay for course fees and living costs;
In assessing whether the requirements of Appendix C, paragraph 11 are met, where an
applicant pays a deposit on account to the sponsor for accommodation costs this amount, up to
a maximum of £1,020, can be offset against the total maintenance requirement if he will be
staying in accommodation arranged by the Tier 4 sponsor and he has paid this money to that
Tier 4 sponsor."

So, above para means 1020 pounds can be offset only against the total maintenance requirement if he will be
staying in accommodation arranged by the Tier 4 sponsor and he has paid this money to that
Tier 4 sponsor and not for any other costs?

still do'nt get the answer.....

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:09 pm

The money can be spent after the application is made.

vstar
Newly Registered

Post by vstar » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:08 pm

visitor2015 wrote:thank you.
"(ca) If the applicant is applying for entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 4 Migrant,
he must confirm that the funds referred to in (a) above are: that the funds will remain available in the manner specified in paragraph 13 below unless used to pay for course fees and living costs;
In assessing whether the requirements of Appendix C, paragraph 11 are met, where an
applicant pays a deposit on account to the sponsor for accommodation costs this amount, up to
a maximum of £1,020, can be offset against the total maintenance requirement if he will be
Tier 4 sponsor."

So, above para means 1020 pounds can be offset only against the total maintenance requirement if he will be
Tier 4 sponsor and not for any other costs?

still do'nt get the answer.....
please provide the source of the information above (its not the link I provided)

visitor2015
Newly Registered

Post by visitor2015 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:15 am

please provide the source of the information above (its not the link I provided)[https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... dix_C.pdf- it is this link you had provided. the info. is on pages 2 and 10]

vstar
Newly Registered

Post by vstar » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:17 pm

visitor2015 wrote:please provide the source of the information above (its not the link I provided)[https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... dix_C.pdf- it is this link you had provided. the info. is on pages 2 and 10]
Based in the information in page 2 and 10, I believe that you do not need to worry about having the exact amount of money in your bank after you submit the application. The clause is meant for evidence of maintain funds (proof in the form of bank statements or other evidence) for the specified period upto the point you submit your application.

So based on the information provided in your original post, you should be fine to use your funds from the same account, after submitting your application. You have 2 members in this post who suggested that is ok to use your funds after the application is submitted (@Greenie and myself).

visitor2015
Newly Registered

Visa extension for resit

Post by visitor2015 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:13 pm

I passed all my modules. I have just a final report to submit. I might not be able to submit the report unfortunately on time. Will I be granted an extension to resit with my current visa?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Visa extension for resit

Post by sah10406 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:44 am

visitor2015 wrote:I passed all my modules. I have just a final report to submit. I might not be able to submit the report unfortunately on time. Will I be granted an extension to resit with my current visa?
If your Tier 4 sponsor will issue a CAS, yes. If not, no. You need to ask your sponsor about this.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:13 am

The answer is almost certainly not. You can submit the final documents from you home country.

visitor2015
Newly Registered

Post by visitor2015 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:58 pm

you mean i would need to return home and then resit? i need to use the college library, resources etc.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:13 pm

You say you passed your modules so nothing to resist....
If it is a final report then there is no reason to stay. As for resources.... Really..
Like there is no other place with resources in the world except your college library.... Struggling with that one.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:11 am

visitor2015 wrote:you mean i would need to return home and then resit? i need to use the college library, resources etc.
Again, speak to your sponsor. If they agree with you that you need to submit the final report from within the UK, they will give you a letter inviting you to come back as a Short-Term Student.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.