ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Victims of ETS Scam

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NIMOG
Newly Registered

Re: Victims of ETS Scam

Post by NIMOG » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:29 am

Thanks for reply, just to let you know that I have pass my exam genuinely still have to face this?Anywat will seek lawyer advice and will see what he's going to say.

I will update the post once got answer of him.

NIMOG
Newly Registered

Post by NIMOG » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi all

I spoke with my lawyer and he told me that there is a way, but all depend on individual circumstances.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:20 am

This whole test issue is a complete charade and making a mockery of the UK.

The sensible thing to do is give these alleged wrongdoers an opportunity to take these tests again from a trusted provider, and if they fail, then take enforcement action..

The system now is utterly ridiculous.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

K4

Post by K4 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:27 am

I have applied for 10 years long residency and had previous history with toeic God knows what will happen it will be 6 months end of feb. I do have complete faith in God. What they have done with students who did their own test but appeared in a test center which did the wrong doing HO invalided their test. How does the student suppose to know? Obie you are right they should have given a second chance. They just want to show the immigration numbers before the elections.

One more thing why do they call students immigrants?? I might be wrong but is this the right term to use for students.

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi
Actually i have applied for ILR on 10 years long residency route in the first week of june using TOEIC certificate, i sent them PTE english certificate as soon as i came to know about the ETS scam, now the home office has put my application on hold despite sending them a new english certificate which doesn't make sense as i have never used TOEIC before for any type of visa extension, is anybody here who is in the same situation as me and got his ILR or still waiting for the decision.

thanks

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:25 pm

anyone who has applied using an ETS certificate will have an impact on their visa applications. For example delays and further enquiries, because of the widespread scam.

Those who have sat for TOEIC exams but not used the certificates as a part of their visa applications will not have any trouble as the 'suspected fraudulent document' was not a part of the application process.

moreover I have heard from few students that they did TOEIC exams and they were called in for a credibility interview. when the interviewer was satisfied, they were given a chance to do an English exam again and send the results to be a part of the application.

but there are many other issues such as the same student told me that when she went to register for the IELTS exam, she was not allowed to take the exam because of the absence of her passport. But I know that other forms of identity is also accepted. I do not have any other update from her since then.

And K4, go through this link which may answer your question about why students are called immigrants, when they should not be. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/un ... rants.html

and in my opinion there is no harm in being called an immigration, I do not see it as offensive. what's so offensive in being called an immigrant?

adameve
Newly Registered

Post by adameve » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:49 am

hi there,
i have heard about this recently an ongoing investigation for alleged students for their ets certificates.
i have done that test myself back in 2012, prior to the results received my application was with the HO for extension.
i did submit the certificates in sep-2012 and applied in may 2012 for extension. my application was refused with right of appeal then
i appealed that decision and the process has recently finished and i have now applied for flro. they have so far not mentioned anything about the etc certificate. i had to apply for flr 0 because i had no further rights of appeal. although i have sent all my ielts certificates with the flr o application i am wondering will home office create any issue with my past application from 2012 which is
ended up with no right of appeal ? i have not issued any visas on that application made in 2012.
so, the question arises here is IF SOMEONE HAS ETS CERTIFICATE IN THE APPLICATION MADE AND NOT ISSUED WITH THE VISA,
WILL THEY STILL BE ALLEGED AS OFFENDERS ?
your replies on the matter above will be highly appreciated...
thanks

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:13 pm

when any documents are sent with the application, they become a part of the application. and they will/can be an evidence against you in court where/whenever required, that's why you sign a declaration saying that everything is original and genuine and you have not deceived in any part of the application, whether through documents or disclosing information.

any documents which are found to be false, fraudulent, or to fall under a similar category, of deception. it will definitely have an impact in visa applications leading to visa bans, interviews under cautions, convictions and so on.

applying for an flr o will not let you stay here unless you have compassionate grounds. I think because of so much abuse of the flr application soon the UKVI is going to stop this route as well.

allain

Post by allain » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:15 am

anyone who got visa extension with ETS is in trouble HO will get you. UK Govt is only looking for a way to deport people, HO once raided my home and took me to detention center, i could never believe they raided my home because i live with my family they only let me go when i said i have a girlfriend who is 8 months pregnant, they called her to confirm if this is right, she wasnt with me at the time, so she said yes and they asked many other questions and then matched answers by me and her, then they let me go,

Long story short is if you get visa by ETS HO will deport you, or there is long legal battle and you will be spending thousands of pounds on lawyers, change your address and get married to EU resident

nasjr
Newly Registered

Post by nasjr » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:50 pm

hi,

My friend has received a letter from the UKBA saying he entered the UK fraudulently because he did not do the speaking part of the TOEIC test. His college has done this for him. He has been given an appeal and has 10 days to be submitted it. Does anyone know what the UKBA wants from him and what he needs to do?

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:25 pm

nasjr wrote:hi,

My friend has received a letter from the UKBA saying he entered the UK fraudulently because he did not do the speaking part of the TOEIC test. His college has done this for him. He has been given an appeal and has 10 days to be submitted it. Does anyone know what the UKBA wants from him and what he needs to do?
he got entry clearance fraudulently? wow, that means toeic was not only being done in the UK fraudulently but also outside the UK. which country did your friend apply from?

please ask him not to appeal, because there is no chance that he/she will win the appeal. best is to return and look for other opportunities in other countries such as Canada or Australia. or he/she may apply after doing the test themselves.

do keep in mind that agents, advisors and solicitors will tell you to appeal, but that is just to take money out of you. there is 0% chance to win in this case.

good luck

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:12 pm

nasjr wrote:hi,

Was he given an in country or out of country appeal, and are you married.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

nasjr
Newly Registered

Post by nasjr » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:21 am

He has got an out of country appeal. But has been advised to appeal the TOEIC test results. His solicitor has won a TOEIC test case already and has told him he has about 60% chance of winning. He is not married but I am.

Flask123
Newly Registered

Re: Victims of ETS Scam-some good news

Post by Flask123 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:42 am

I would like to report some good news about my friend who was refused entry in Oct 2014. My friend made an in-country appeal that was listed for May 2015. A couple of days ago the UKBA has faxed his solicitor stating that they are withdrawing their decision to refuse entry and are re-instating the leave to enter. They have notified the IAT and have returned the passport.

In October 2014 I sent this post to the forum:

"I am new to the forum and am posting for the first time.

My friend has a Tier 2, Minister of Religion visa that he obtained over a year ago. He was previously a Tier 4 student in the Uk. He used his ETS/City and Guilds certificate to show he met the English Lang requirements.

Today he was returning from a trip abroad and he was detained by the immigration officers at Heathrow and interviewed about his English Language test. He was refused entry and has been given temporary admission for 10 working days. He was told that voice recognition was used and it did not match the voice of the person who took the test and there is also discrepancy in the test centre used.

My friend is adamant that his test was genuine and a mistake has been made. He is under Tier 2 now and is much needed by his sponsor.

We have had some bad experiences in the past with immigration law solicitors.

Please can someone advise what my friend should do next and if he needs a solicitor and if so any recommendations for a solicitor who has dealt with a similar case before.:

ikram1234
Newly Registered

Post by ikram1234 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi Flask123
Thats a good news. Do you know on what base they accept his appeal. I am also in same situation, have tire 2 General. if possible could you please give me his solicitor number. thanks

ikram1234
Newly Registered

Post by ikram1234 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:18 pm

ikram1234
Newly Registered

Post by ikram1234 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:19 pm

ikram1234 wrote:Hi Flask123
Thats a good news. Do you know on what base they accept his appeal. I am also in same situation, have tire 2 General. if possible could you please give me his solicitor number. thanks

ikram1234
Newly Registered

Re: Victims of ETS Scam-some good news

Post by ikram1234 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Flask123 wrote:I would like to report some good news about my friend who was refused entry in Oct 2014. My friend made an in-country appeal that was listed for May 2015. A couple of days ago the UKBA has faxed his solicitor stating that they are withdrawing their decision to refuse entry and are re-instating the leave to enter. They have notified the IAT and have returned the passport.

In October 2014 I sent this post to the forum:

"I am new to the forum and am posting for the first time.

My friend has a Tier 2, Minister of Religion visa that he obtained over a year ago. He was previously a Tier 4 student in the Uk. He used his ETS/City and Guilds certificate to show he met the English Lang requirements.

Today he was returning from a trip abroad and he was detained by the immigration officers at Heathrow and interviewed about his English Language test. He was refused entry and has been given temporary admission for 10 working days. He was told that voice recognition was used and it did not match the voice of the person who took the test and there is also discrepancy in the test centre used.

My friend is adamant that his test was genuine and a mistake has been made. He is under Tier 2 now and is much needed by his sponsor.

We have had some bad experiences in the past with immigration law solicitors.

Please can someone advise what my friend should do next and if he needs a solicitor and if so any recommendations for a solicitor who has dealt with a similar case before.:
Hi Flask123,
thats a good news. is it possible i can get his solicitor number as i am also in same situation.

d96
Newly Registered

Post by d96 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:59 am

K4 wrote:I have applied for 10 years long residency and had previous history with toeic God knows what will happen it will be 6 months end of feb. I do have complete faith in God. What they have done with students who did their own test but appeared in a test center which did the wrong doing HO invalided their test. How does the student suppose to know? Obie you are right they should have given a second chance. They just want to show the immigration numbers before the elections.

One more thing why do they call students immigrants?? I might be wrong but is this the right term to use for students.
hi i am on same situation did you get any reply HO i apply in Oct and still no response.
many thanks if you reply

BAAZ2015
Newly Registered

Post by BAAZ2015 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:35 am

Hi
My friend is going through from the same situation.His documents are in home office for tier 4 extension from last 9 months.But he received an email from his college about his expulsion because he had an extension on toeic in 2012.
College is saying that his toeic test is questionable. But he have done ielts twice .Firstly before the toeic when he was in home country and second time just recently in 2014 before applying his extension and he got overall 7 band and 7.5 in speaking and listening respectively . So how come they can say that his toeic test is questionable.
And can anyone guide what he should do now and what will be the effect on his case which is already in home office .

Thanx

BAAZ2015
Newly Registered

Post by BAAZ2015 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Any suggestions?

d96
Newly Registered

Post by d96 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:43 pm

BAAZ2015 wrote:Any suggestions?
hi everyone who had toeic so please go on this page sign the petition
https://www.change.org/p/home-office-uk ... themselves
they need more 125 to reached 1500.
many thanks

jewellondon

Post by jewellondon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

I got appeal hearing date coming wednesday to the first tier tribunal for spouse visa refusal .Reason was Toeic issue. Anyway i already provided my Toeic awarding body email correspondence and other documents. Please note that, i didn't appeared the exam through agent. Still they refused my visa application for so called proxy test taker. I just wondering is there anyone knows what sort of questions they will going to ask me in tribunal hearing. I did my Toeic exam in a year 2012. It was expired August 2014.

Thanks all.

d96
Newly Registered

Post by d96 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:40 pm

jewellondon wrote:Hi Everyone,

I got appeal hearing date coming wednesday to the first tier tribunal for spouse visa refusal .Reason was Toeic issue. Anyway i already provided my Toeic awarding body email correspondence and other documents. Please note that, i didn't appeared the exam through agent. Still they refused my visa application for so called proxy test taker. I just wondering is there anyone knows what sort of questions they will going to ask me in tribunal hearing. I did my Toeic exam in a year 2012. It was expired August 2014.

Thanks all.
1. When did u last took any English language test
2. How did I book it
3. Was it only a test or whether I've done any course
4. How much I paid for the test
5. How many people took the test same test at that time
6. Did I book my test myself or someone booked that for me
7. Why I choose this test
8. How long was the test for
9. What was in the test
10. How much that test cost
11. How did I make that payment
12. Have I done a yogurt English test apart from that
13. What other qualifications I have
14. Where was that test
15. How did I prepare for the test

longhorn

Post by longhorn » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:41 pm

Hi,

Could you please update us on what happened in your appeal. Did home office came up with any evidence ? Some of the people have raised concerns that even the genuine students are getting their visa refused because of Toeic even though they took it themselves. Could you please update on what happened ? many thanks