ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Victims of ETS Scam

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarsk87
Newly Registered

Re: Victims of ETS Scam

Post by sarsk87 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:11 am

Hamzah88 wrote:Sarsk87-they refused me with same reason like yours :( .But Has ur husband ever use toeic certificate and extaion his visa with toeic certificate?
Yeah for some unknown reason to me he used the TOEIC certificate in his entrepreneur visa application only due to his IELTS expiring. We had no choice but to apply for a different 10 year route to buy time so he was able to stay her for the birth of his son as he would obviously be unable to submit a new English test as they held his documents hence making a human rights application.

If you have never used it TOEIC in any applications how on earth did they use this against you? I'm baffled. Have you got any where with the appeal yet?

Hamzah88
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzah88 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:34 pm

sarsk87 wrote:
Hamzah88 wrote:Sarsk87-they refused me with same reason like yours :( .But Has ur husband ever use toeic certificate and extaion his visa with toeic certificate?
Yeah for some unknown reason to me he used the TOEIC certificate in his entrepreneur visa application only due to his IELTS expiring. We had no choice but to apply for a different 10 year route to buy time so he was able to stay her for the birth of his son as he would obviously be unable to submit a new English test as they held his documents hence making a human rights application.

If you have never used it TOEIC in any applications how on earth did they use this against you? I'm baffled. Have you got any where with the appeal yet?
I have lounge appeal around month ago but my solicitor said appeal hearing will take 8 to 10 month so waiting game now!

N Patel
Newly Registered

Post by N Patel » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Hello

I just received confirmation from Home Office that they are not going to challenge upper tribunal decision in my favour for TOEIC issue .

So can I apply for my extension without passing new English test like IELTS ? or I need to give English test again for my extension for Tier - 2.

My visa expired and Home office give me time for 60 days.

sarsk87
Newly Registered

Post by sarsk87 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:07 pm

N Patel wrote:Hello

I just received confirmation from Home Office that they are not going to challenge upper tribunal decision in my favour for TOEIC issue .

So can I apply for my extension without passing new English test like IELTS ? or I need to give English test again for my extension for Tier - 2.

My visa expired and Home office give me time for 60 days.
congratulations! How long was the entire process from lodging appeal to decision?

Unfortunately today the court rejected our expedition request despite my husbands father passing away and brother becoming ill. looking at god knows how long until he can see his family, he can't leave indefinitely as he has to look after our baby while i work!

I would imagine that you will definitely require new English tests if you make any new application as per the requirements of that visa, as soon as you receive your passport back from home office. I am obviously not fully aware of rules etc but I am sure someone else will be able to give better guidance.

Hamzah88
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzah88 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:09 pm

N.Patel-R u from Gujarat India?so am I?
Sorry to ask u but can u explain what was case like and how this whole process take u to end this toeic issue?

mairyk10

Post by mairyk10 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:21 pm

any news?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:19 pm

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sarsk87
Newly Registered

Post by sarsk87 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:46 am

Obie wrote:DECISION IN QUADRI NOW AVAILABLE

Hi obie, thanks for this. Iv read the judgment and usually am pretty good at understanding. What I am now concerned is that with the matter where we are the appellant and the case is already at tribunal home office is being told they can't bring new evidence and effectively concede their case. However our appeal is still in early stages with no notice of hearing so other than the same rejection that qadir received does this mean home office will be able to bring new evidence in our case when it finally gets a hearing at tribunal? Not sure how else to interpret this.

London20

Post by London20 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:27 pm

sarsk87 wrote:

Hi obie, thanks for this. Iv read the judgment and usually am pretty good at understanding. What I am now concerned is that with the matter where we are the appellant and the case is already at tribunal home office is being told they can't bring new evidence and effectively concede their case. However our appeal is still in early stages with no notice of hearing so other than the same rejection that qadir received does this mean home office will be able to bring new evidence in our case when it finally gets a hearing at tribunal? Not sure how else to interpret this.
ETS.TOEIC.
Dear friends does anyone knows if HO will continue to refuse, curtailed, or cancelled visa cases involving with TOEIC in the past after SM/Qadir desicion.

tally80
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by tally80 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Dear Obie,

Are they still refusing ILR applications with TOEIC in their history?

My question is:

If the Main ILR SET O applicant has no toeic in his/ her history but the dependant husband or spouse has in their immigration history, would home office refuse both of them (Main Applicant and the spouse dependant- who got toeic genuinely from a college which was never blacklisted ) the ilr?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:19 pm

I don't know, all depends on the circumstances.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:15 am

Nine convicted over student visa English test plot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38225712
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

elaineyorke

Post by elaineyorke » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:11 pm

London20 wrote:
sarsk87 wrote:
Hello guys its elaine yorke last year i was posting about my husband English test which we won in first tier tribunel in sep 2014 but home office did not challenge that case and 15months later two people came at my door to interview my husband about his english test which went really good even one of them he told me my husband not in trouble after month later we had home office new refusal letter without English deception involving (refused on my earning). we lodged appeal and waited for court date ,now earning more than 18,600 we had a court hearing on 27th october which refused again as judge said time of submission i was not earning enough money bla bla,but we submit fresh application within 28 days grace period with all requirments,financial ,english test from trinity etc,we went in solihull birmingham 8th december on premium service ,got decision today ,my husband case refused again on english test with right of appeal in country,, stated my husband took test by deception in 2012.
ETS.TOEIC.
Dear friends does anyone knows if HO will continue to refuse, curtailed, or cancelled visa cases involving with TOEIC in the past after SM/Qadir desicion.

elaineyorke

Post by elaineyorke » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:33 pm

sarsk87 wrote:

Hello guys its elaine yorke last year i was posting about my husband English test which we won in first tier tribunel in sep 2014 but home office did not challenge that case and 15months later two people came at my door to interview my husband about his english test which went really good even one of them he told me my husband not in trouble after month later we had home office new refusal letter without English deception involving (refused on my earning). we lodged appeal and waited for court date ,now earning more than 18,600 we had a court hearing on 27th october which refused again as judge said time of submission i was not earning enough money bla bla,but we submit fresh application within 28 days grace period with all requirments,financial ,english test from trinity etc,we went in solihull birmingham 8th december on premium service ,got decision today ,my husband case refused again on english test with right of appeal in country,, stated my husband took test by deception in 2012.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:28 pm

That sounds most distressing. Perhaps a reconsideration may be helpful. It will be nice to know the basis under which the ETS case was allowed and in which context.

They cannot continue to go behind an unappealed decision.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:04 am

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:13 pm

mairyk10

Post by mairyk10 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 pm

My husband flr fp has been refused today because of toeic deception. We had the decision after a year. Such a waste of time. Given in country right of appeal.

sula
Newly Registered

Post by sula » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:03 pm

Dear all,

My boyfriend is also a toeic victim, he took exam in 2014 and when he applied for dependent visa got refused, now returned back to China for more than one year.

Is there any chance for him to return back? Travel visa anyone tried?

We can get married when I got my ILR, after I got the ILR will he be able to come back as spouse? Anyone tried?

Or do I need to become UK citizen and get married?

Thank you so much.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:55 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

waitingindefinitely
Mood:

Post by waitingindefinitely » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:33 pm

mairyk10 wrote:My husband flr fp has been refused today because of toeic deception. We had the decision after a year. Such a waste of time. Given in country right of appeal.

At least u were given in country rights of appeal we were refused that too... Been a whole year since I saw my husband now :( he was here settled in the UK till this toeic thing happened

Scottmcall
Mood:

Post by Scottmcall » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Dear Obie
I wanted to ask you something,
I have got a situation. Toiec in past but applied for marriage visa in Pakistan visa granted detained at Heathrow becoz of toiec in past,current visa was (marriage visa) was obtained with IELTS. I have been interviewed and then my visa was suspended, but luckily got in country appeal. I was detained for 7 days. On 8th day I was released. As my solicitor went for JR in high court.
After 5 months I have to apply for spouse visa as I was married to a British citizen.my visa was refused as (I booked premium appointment at Croydon HO )Reason they have given me is toeic in past,
Appeal in process 7 months completed no reply. I don't know if its going somewhere near to a solution.
Any cases like mine if yes what's the outcome, toeic I did my self as I have done ielts my self both B2 level.
I will Appreciate your reply thanks a lot
Regards

Scott

Anas786
Newly Registered

Post by Anas786 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi Everyone,
I desperately need your help and advice on this forum.
MY Tier 2 Extension was refused in October 2016, with no right of Appeal on the basis of Toeic, Test took in 2012, although I never used the test for any extension.

Came here on Tier 4:May 2011
Took Toeic Test July 2012 (Never used in any Extension)
Extension Tier 4: Aug 2012
Tier 2 Visa: Aug 2013
Interview about Toeic: July 2015
During Video Interview
She asked following few questions
• How did you find this Course
• How did you booked
• How you paid
• How long did it take
• How many other candidates
• How you did the Preparation

(At the end She apologized for inconvenience caused to me because I never used this test in any extension and she was satisfied from my answers)
After I traveled abroad they never stop me.

Refused Extension Tier 2: Oct 2016 (Because of Toeic)
Refused Admin Review : Nov 2016
Pre action Protocol Letter sent: Dec 2016
1st Response : Dec 2016 (HO asked for an Extension)
2nd Response : Jan 2017 (HO asked for 2nd Extension )
3rd Response : Feb 2017 (HO asked Final Extension)

After final Extension deadline no response, file the JR case because only have 3 month to file the case in court after refusal date

JR Submission in Court: Feb 2017

HO reply to Court : April 2017 (HO need an extension for submitting the Defense Summary)
I have applied for the JR and waiting for the outcome now.

Regards
Anas

ABBH
Newly Registered

Post by ABBH » Fri May 26, 2017 10:30 am

Hi, I am one of the TOIECT effected student. I got a letter in 2015 I even didn't hire any solicitor , Because during that time many students had the same issue and all those who hired solicistor the decision was negative from the court though they spent lots of money. Therefore,I skipped to spend money on a solicitor. I have been told to leave the country as other student so I left the country on August 2015. I am here in Dubai and working an international company as a regional manager. I would like to apply for UK visitor visa in this summer 2017. My question , Am I eligible to apply for the visitor visa. as it has been almost 2 years I am away from UK nor i did apply during these 2 years? Your opinion and suggestion will be highly appreciated . Thanks

Tarejasi
Newly Registered

Post by Tarejasi » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:19 am

Hi there
I am new here and having same issue for ETS. I even didn't know this issue is going on long time. After spending 2.5 years on my FLRM visa , I went to Cardiff this month for one day service. I have trinity a2 level for new extension . after waiting whole day I had a refusal letter saying my ETS exam was proxy test which I used for my student visa. I had my flrm visa last 2015 and even they didn't mention this issue that time or HO didn't send me any letter like others. I have in country appeal right . already appealed against the decision but wasn't aware about this situation before applying. Don't know what is gonna happen next