ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Application from back home country

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tariq_sohaib
Newly Registered

Visa Application from back home country

Post by tariq_sohaib » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:42 pm

My family is here in the UK I got an offer from a university for the PhD, the kick off date of the course is October 2014, but my visa expiration date is 24th of August 2014, definitely, I will have to be back home and apply from there. My query is this,
Do I have to go for an interview as part of my application?
I have my bank account here in the UK, should I stay with the same bank account, or should I need to change my account to my home state?
If the account is kept over here so how can I hold my account statement from my bank here while I will be off from here?
How old statement may be applied at the time of applying for a visa?
Can I use the statement that I'm carrying with me for putting on my visa?
I call for all the experts explain it to me and if there is any risk that might come across in this attempt, because I am not in a position to accept any risk. Remember, I am here for the past 4 years and all my siblings and parents are here on indefinite leave. Thanks!

tariq_sohaib
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Application from back home country

Post by tariq_sohaib » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:36 am

I found no reply from anyone so far, Are my questions difficult or there are no rule and regulations to handle with them?

tariq_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by tariq_sohaib » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:09 pm

enough!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:49 pm

What is your current leave?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tariq_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by tariq_sohaib » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:47 am

Thank you for contacting me. My current leave is Post Study Work (PSW) visa going to be expired on 24th August 2014. Thanks!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:40 am

tariq_sohaib wrote:My family is here in the UK I got an offer from a university for the PhD, the kick off date of the course is October 2014, but my visa expiration date is 24th of August 2014, definitely, I will have to be back home and apply from there. My query is this,
Do I have to go for an interview as part of my application?
I have my bank account here in the UK, should I stay with the same bank account, or should I need to change my account to my home state?
If the account is kept over here so how can I hold my account statement from my bank here while I will be off from here?
How old statement may be applied at the time of applying for a visa?
Can I use the statement that I'm carrying with me for putting on my visa?
I call for all the experts explain it to me and if there is any risk that might come across in this attempt, because I am not in a position to accept any risk. Remember, I am here for the past 4 years and all my siblings and parents are here on indefinite leave. Thanks!
Why can an in country application not be launched? PSW to Tier 4 is allowed from within the UK...

Where the bank account is does not matter. At all.
If you are submitting bank statements, they must always be dated within 28 days of the application.

tariq_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by tariq_sohaib » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:43 am

I have already stated that my visa expiration date is 24th of August 2014, the kick off date of the course is October 2014, how’s it possible for me to launch in country application?
If I apply from the home country, how would I be capable to collect my bank statement while I will be away from here?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:05 pm

tariq_sohaib wrote:I have already stated that my visa expiration date is 24th of August 2014, the kick off date of the course is October 2014, how’s it possible for me to launch in country application?
If I apply from the home country, how would I be capable to collect my bank statement while I will be away from here?
A Tier 4 can be applied for up to 3 months before the start of the course. If the course lasts longer than 6 months, you can 'arrive' in the UK 1 month before. Surely, if you sent in your application before your visa expiry, towards the end of August, it would take a couple weeks to process...

In fact, from the UKVI website:
"A decision will be made:
within 8 weeks for online applications"

"Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired."

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/extend-your-visa

So actually, you might not even receive a decision before your course starts.

Check with your bank about getting your statements - I do not know what their policies might be!

tariq_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by tariq_sohaib » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Thanks for your encouragement. Agreeing to your version, I can apply up to 3 months before the beginning of the course and before my visa expiry, towards the close of August. Is it sure, because I am not in a position to take any risk?
Now once more, at that place is a tear, because I still have not received my ATAS certificate. Is there any provision if I could apply without ATAS?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Although the application for extension can be sent three months before but there must not be a gap of more than one month between the course start and visa expiry date otherwise one need to apply from outside the country. But i don't understand that why you didn't find the University where course starts in September because mostly the universities offer two intakes January and September. By this way you can avoid these hassles.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

tariq_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by tariq_sohaib » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Therefore, there are two rules applicable at the same time, first one calendar month gap between course start date and visa expiry date, second 3 months before the beginning of the course, if the course lasts longer than 6 months. How is it possible, can you explain it to me under what circumstances these are applicable? Thanks!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:42 pm

sheraz7 wrote:. But i don't understand that why you didn't find the University where course starts in September because mostly the universities offer two intakes January and September. By this way you can avoid these hassles.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

tariq_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by tariq_sohaib » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:12 pm

I applied to two universities, but both have Oct, start. Now one thing is cleared that the application for extension can be sent three months before but there must not be a gap of more than one month between the course start and visa expiry date. Could you suggest any alternative? Could I pursue another Masters with sole intention to prolong my stay further till the beginning of my PhD program? I hope for your early response. Thanks!