ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extention due to dissertation failure

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Billi12345
Newly Registered

Visa extention due to dissertation failure

Post by Billi12345 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi EveryOne,
I am currently on tier 4 General visa and my course length was 1 year and i was due to finish in november 2014 and my visa is due to expire in jan 2015. I recently been informed my department that i need to re-submit my dissertation in april 2015. For this purpose i requested a new CAS letter and they issued me a CAS. On my Cas its mention that my course start date is 31 JAN 2015 and end date is 21 April 205. Now when i apply for extend my Visa using this CAS what will be the length of my new Visa. Will it be 6 Months duration or less? Please help me as i am very concerned about my stay in UK. Please reply.
Many Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Visa extention due to dissertation failure

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Billi12345
Newly Registered

Post by Billi12345 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:25 pm

I have read this already but am already issued with a CAS my question is how long will be my new visa will it be 6 months or less?
Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Re-sits and repeats:
"If your institution is willing to issue a CAS, you can apply as a Tier 4 (General) student to re-sit an exam or to repeat a module as part of a course that you are already studying.

You may only be allowed to be in the UK as a Tier 4 (General) student for the length of time that you need to re-sit the exam or repeat the module. You will then have to apply for further permission to stay in the UK and complete your course.

You will be limited in the number of times that you can apply for immigration permission to enter, or stay in the UK as a Tier 4 (General) student in order to re-sit an exam or repeat a module. This will depend on whether your institution has highly trusted sponsor status.

Many institutions have decided to not issue a CAS for an examination re-sit. They will expect you to leave the UK once you are no longer required to attend your course, then return as a student visitor for the re-sit. Having re-sat your exams as a student visitor, if you will need more time to complete your course, you must return home and apply for entry clearance as a Tier 4 (General) student"
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

SRI66
Newly Registered

Post by SRI66 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:51 pm

Hi billi ,
Can u plz tell us know how many days extension did u get .