ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refusal due to College revocation/ Tuition Fees Refund

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yungbuk

Visa refusal due to College revocation/ Tuition Fees Refund

Post by yungbuk » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:32 pm

Dear members,

I would like to know if anyone has had their student visa refused after having paid full tuition fees to the college, due to their college losing its sponsorship status and not being able to get a refund as a result of refusal.

If so please share your experience particularly detailing how you approached your college for a refund and were you able to obtain a refund of your tuition fees especially through legal procedure such as small claims track.

Being a victim of above mentioned scenario myself, I have escalated this matter further with court to get my fair share of refund from the college, which owes me a lot of money. I now have a court hearing date in December and would be very interested in knowing other people’s experiences who have gone through the similar circumstances in the past.

yungbuk

Re: Visa refusal due to College revocation/ Tuition Fees Ref

Post by yungbuk » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:21 pm

Hello all students,

Just want to give an update on my case against the college. I took them to court to claim my fees and I won the case including my full refund of tuition fees and legal costs. They brought their solicitor with them and 2 senior faculty members but that wasn't enough to win them the case.

I would like to encourage all students who fall victim to college revocations to claim their hard earned monies with confidence.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:23 am

yungbuk wrote:I took them to court to claim my fees and I won the case including my full refund of tuition fees and legal costs. They brought their solicitor with them and 2 senior faculty members but that wasn't enough to win them the case.

I would like to encourage all students who fall victim to college revocations to claim their hard earned monies with confidence.
Well done. Which college was this?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:26 am

sah10406 wrote:
yungbuk wrote:I took them to court to claim my fees and I won the case including my full refund of tuition fees and legal costs. They brought their solicitor with them and 2 senior faculty members but that wasn't enough to win them the case.

Well done. Which college was this?
Let's not go there.

Suffice to say OP aced it in 'university of life and hard knocks'.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.