ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refused: Should I appeal?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

goldenpig17
Newly Registered

Visa refused: Should I appeal?

Post by goldenpig17 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi Everyone. I really need some advice from you guys. I have attached my visa refusal letter. What I do not understand here is that my CAS was rewarded 0 points and there is no reason for it written in the letter at all.
Because of this refusal, I was thinking of going back to my country and re-apply there. However, my university refused to issue a new CAS number to me. They said that my visa application was refused because of me, not them, so they will not issue a new CAS to me. They said that I should appeal against the decision so I can stay in the UK during the appeal.
However, it was truly my fault for not having the sufficient maintenance fund during the period so I am not sure if I have a strong grounds to appeal. What if the appeal fails during my study?
So should I appeal in this case? Moreover, I have already contacted the Voluntary Departure Team and they have my passport now. WIll that make me invalid to appeal?

I really need some good advice for my case. Please help me.
Thanks
Attachments
visa refusal 1 new.jpg
Personal information erased.
visa refusal 1 new.jpg (112.76 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
Last edited by vinny on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal information contained in attached documents

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: Visa refused: Should I appeal?

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:52 pm

hi,

it will be very hard to win the appeal because the rule clearly required you to have the funds at or above the maintenance level for a period of consecutive 28 days.

in your case the fund level went down and because of that your visa was refused. in my opinion you only have a chance, if,

you can provide bank statements of a previous date as a clarification of your mistake. and suggest that you made a mistake in giving the bank statements.

the dates would ideally be the bank statements from
14 august till 12 september
between these dates you must have more than or atleast £7,540 in your account.

as you applied on the 30th september and bank statements 28 days prior to this date would be okay.

try and talk to a solicitor or the immigration advisory team at the university to see if it works.

good luck.

goldenpig17
Newly Registered

Post by goldenpig17 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:14 pm

The thing is that my university did not want to issue a new CAS. I though this is an easy process but my university does not provide me any chances to make this happen.
What I do not understand is that I am also rewarded 0 points for CAS. Normally it would be 30 points. And there is no explanation for it either.

Moreover, I have already called the Voluntary Departure Team because I was planning to go home and re-apply and they have my passport with them now. CAn I still appeal or have to go home now?

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:10 pm

If you want to stay and fight, there is no harm and you can change your mind.
But only launch/lodge an appeal if you are really sure that you will win it.
Also talk to a lawyer and see what he says and how satisfying he sounds.
Ask the university if you can continue while an appeal goes on if not then can you study the course as a distance learning course.
And yes dont forget to take refunds from the university shall you plan to do a distance learning or go back.

Good luck

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:43 pm

@ goldenpig17, if your UNI refuse to issue another CAS letter, the implication is that they don't want to refund any money as the refusal is solely your fault. But if you are ready to pay another money then am sure your UNI will definitely issue you a new CAS for you to apply from your home country.

If you don't want to loose any money, then an option if the course duration is about a year or so is to go for appeal which will give you between 6 - 9 months or even more and you would have complete your course before the whole appeal process is completed.

There are even other ways you can prolong the appeal for almost a year if you don't want to waste any money at all.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.