ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Volunteer to go Back home but no travel documents

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shareefco
Newly Registered

Volunteer to go Back home but no travel documents

Post by shareefco » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:22 am

Hi,

My friends removal order came through few months ago and she decided to voluntarily go back to Pakistan. Her passport was with UKBA but expired now and now been told by her solicitor that they are not providing any travel documents or passport.

I wasn't convinced and thought ask experts here that what option does she have now, obviously she wants to go back and want to asap now but could't find a way.

Please can someone advise?

Thanks
S

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: Volunteer to go Back home but no travel documents

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:42 pm

the best way is to go to Pakistan embassy and ask them the travel document.

the person will have to produce their National Identity Card or NIC. once the NIC has been produced and it is constructed that the person is a Pakistani national, a travel document could be made for them to travel.

also if the Person has the previous passport copy then Pakistani embassy may be able to renew the passport. the urgent renewal of passport takes only 10 days and ordinary renewal takes 20 days. the costs depend on for how long do you want the passport to be valid. the costs starts from £32 and will incur additional £2 bank surcharge at the embassy itself.

feel free to ask anymore questions.

inform the home office about the return and tell them the situation, they are very helpful with people who do not intend to play with the rules.

shareefco
Newly Registered

Post by shareefco » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Thanks Aaliya,

This is very helpful.

One thing I dindt understood as you mentioned below the costs start from £32.....

Does it mean the cost for how long the travel document or passport limit would be?

Many Thanks
S

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:28 am

shareefco wrote:Thanks Aaliya,

This is very helpful.

One thing I dindt understood as you mentioned below the costs start from £32.....

Does it mean the cost for how long the travel document or passport limit would be?

Many Thanks
S
without expired Pakistani passport and valid UK visa Pakistani embassy wont issue u a new passport.

If u say u lost the previous one than u need a police report and valid UK visa photocopy. But as its not lost but with HO. I am afraid u wont get new passport from Pakistani embassy in current scenario.

Better to contact with your local enforcement team they will arrange u a travel document and will return your expired passport at airport
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:50 pm

just been to Pakistani embassy today, as i had some work there.

i have double checked with the embassy and the workers there. please find the link

http://www.phclondon.org/consular/traveldocument/

this will give you details about the emergency travel document which you can get. even if there is no death in the family you can get the travel document, as long as you can prove that you are a Pakistani national.

the people there are very friendly, so they will help you to sort the things out. go there straight away.

and what i meant by costs start from £32 pound was, that the renewal of the passport starts from £32 pounds but emergency travel document is £7 + £2 bank surcharge.

good luck and please keep posted.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Zee ali wrote:
shareefco wrote:Thanks Aaliya,

This is very helpful.

Many Thanks
S
without expired Pakistani passport and valid UK visa Pakistani embassy wont issue u a new passport.

If u say u lost the previous one than u need a police report and valid UK visa photocopy. But as its not lost but with HO. I am afraid u wont get new passport from Pakistani embassy in current scenario.

Better to contact with your local enforcement team they will arrange u a travel document and will return your expired passport at airport
If u want your previous expired passport back than contact your local enforcement team. they will help u with everything. They even make your travel document for free.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Jonmattias
Newly Registered

Post by Jonmattias » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:06 am

contact your local enforcement office.