ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why 'No work'?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

niceweather
Newly Registered

Why 'No work'?

Post by niceweather » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:49 pm

I have a tier 4 child visa which says 'no work' although according to the gov.uk website I'm quite eligible to work part-time. I've heard it depends on the type of school one attends but independent colleges (I study in one) are not mentioned anywhere. What could be the reason for not giving a work permission and is there any way I can change it (e.g. switch to another type of visa)?

vinny

Re: Why 'No work'?

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Do you satisfy one of the exceptions in 245ZZB(c)(iv) or 245ZZD(c)(iv)?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

niceweather
Newly Registered

Post by niceweather » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:05 am

vinny, thanks a lot for your responce.

Yes, I'm over 16, I did intend to work no more than 10 hours and/or during half-term but not as a STS Officer and not on a work placement. So I do satisfy 2 out of 4. Does it mean I can work even though it bluntly says 'No work'?

Thanks )

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:27 am

Is the error in your work conditions on a visa sticker or a BRP?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

niceweather
Newly Registered

Post by niceweather » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:47 pm

sah10406 wrote:Is the error in your work conditions on a visa sticker or a BRP?
It says 'No work' on my BRP card and I don't know why and I'm pretty confused)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:00 pm

If you got it less than 10 days ago, you can still report an error. If it's now more than 10 days, you may need to apply for a new one. See https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

niceweather
Newly Registered

Post by niceweather » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:56 pm

sah10406 wrote:If you got it less than 10 days ago, you can still report an error. If it's now more than 10 days, you may need to apply for a new one. See https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem
I got it half a year ago, so I think I better call the contact centre and maybe ask if they can check if it's actually a mistake or give me a proper reason. At least now I feel like I can do something about it. And the link helps a lot, thank you very much!!!

niceweather
Newly Registered

Post by niceweather » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:09 pm

sah10406 wrote:If you got it less than 10 days ago, you can still report an error. If it's now more than 10 days, you may need to apply for a new one. See https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem
I got it half a year ago, so I've filled a form to report a mistake, they'll have a look at it and let me know if it's actually a mistake. The link helped a lot, thank you very much!!! :D

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:45 am

You are welcome, although it is now too late to correct an error. You would need to apply for a new BRP.