ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why not allowed to change sponsor/institution tier 4 visa?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jammy101
Newly Registered

Why not allowed to change sponsor/institution tier 4 visa?

Post by jammy101 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi I have a friend who has come to me with his problem, he came to UK on tier 4 student visa valid for 3 years, studying a level 3 course, but after 2 years who wanted to change colleges and courses but was told both by his current sponsor and other colleges that he is not allowed to changed until he has finished the full course is this correct? if so how come on http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... stitution/
it says changing is allowed but have to make a brand new tier 4 application but the new college wont accept his application plus the current institution will cancel his visa if he does not continue the course? thank you for all replies.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Why not allowed to change sponsor/institution tier 4 vis

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:16 pm

jammy101 wrote:but was told both by his current sponsor and other colleges that he is not allowed to changed until he has finished the full course is this correct?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:37 pm

See also Changing course/institution.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jammy101
Newly Registered

Post by jammy101 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:02 am

As I understand it, if students already on tier 4 visa studying a level 3 course cant change to another level 3 course because visa is valid for 3 years and they already studies 2 years so they cant get new visa?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:19 am

jammy101 wrote:As I understand it, if students already on tier 4 visa studying a level 3 course cant change to another level 3 course because visa is valid for 3 years and they already studies 2 years so they cant get new visa?
I don't know where you are getting your information, but again this is wrong. The 2 year cap will only apply to applications on or after 12 November 2015. See http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... -on-study/

Such an application would be fine on or before 12 November 2015, but the person could only apply in their home country because they do not have Academic Progression on their previous studies. They could not apply in the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jammy101
Newly Registered

Post by jammy101 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:13 pm

sah10406 wrote:
jammy101 wrote:As I understand it, if students already on tier 4 visa studying a level 3 course cant change to another level 3 course because visa is valid for 3 years and they already studies 2 years so they cant get new visa?
I don't know where you are getting your information, but again this is wrong. The 2 year cap will only apply to applications on or after 12 November 2015. See http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... -on-study/

Such an application would be fine on or before 12 November 2015, but the person could only apply in their home country because they do not have Academic Progression on their previous studies. They could not apply in the UK.
Thanks sah10406, so basically, if a student came here to study a level 3 course at 16 in 2013 on general; tier 4 visa, he cant change to another course/institution for another level 3 course, because he been here for 2 years already? It also says the it doesn't include when the student was 16/17, so does that count?