ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Experience for Student Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nitin Alavala
Newly Registered

Work Experience for Student Visa

Post by Nitin Alavala » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:28 am

Hi All, I am a Mechanical engineering student with 6 years IT experience. One of the IT companies that I worked for closed shortly after recession. I have few questions.

1. Will my CAS have a mention of this experience? If yes, how can I prove it? Should I be honest?
2. If my CAS has no mention, should I remove it when I apply for visa?

Please let me know.

keysersoze22

Re: Work Experience for Student Visa

Post by keysersoze22 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:03 am

You'll be able to see what is on your CAS yourself when the University send it to you. However it's my understanding that work-based mentions on a CAS are rare - they stick to your most recent academic qualification.

Are these IT countries based outside of the UK?

If it is on your CAS, just explain the situations that led to the company's closure. The fact that you mention it is one of the companies you have worked for lends support to your application. Depending on what ECO you receive, they may query a gap in your work history if you remove it at your credibility interview, so it's your call what to do with this.

I will say that companies closing is a common occurrence and I've had students draw upon this experience to the ECO and explain how they found work elsewhere.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:46 pm

I am struggling to see the point of your previous experience... If you are coming to the UK to study it is the reasons behind any substantial gaps in previous study that matter.
If you were working great. If a company went under it is of little consequence.

I am assuming you are trying to cover off the point about last period of study?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Nitin Alavala wrote: 1. Will my CAS have a mention of this experience?
No.
Nitin Alavala wrote:2. If my CAS has no mention, should I remove it when I apply for visa?
Remove it from what?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.