ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work rights for Dependent of Highly Trusted Private College

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moonlight
Newly Registered

Work rights for Dependent of Highly Trusted Private College

Post by moonlight » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi,

My sister is applying for Tier 4 student visa as she got admission in Highly trusted Private college in outer london.
My sister and her husband both are on PSW( post study work) visa at the moment.
Can her husband get work right as dependent of her once she get visa to study in highly trusted private college :!:

Your advice and input would be helpful.

Thanks

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Work rights for Dependent of Highly Trusted Private Coll

Post by bruteforce » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:37 pm

Right of work only granted if the college or University is either publicly funded or HEI.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:35 am

bruteforce wrote:Right of work only granted if the college or University is either publicly funded or HEI.
Hi bruteforce

Read her post carefully she was asking right to work for Tier 4 dependent.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:02 am

moonlight wrote:Hi,

My sister is applying for Tier 4 student visa as she got admission in Highly trusted Private college in outer london.
My sister and her husband both are on PSW( post study work) visa at the moment.
Can her husband get work right as dependent of her once she get visa to study in highly trusted private college :!:

Your advice and input would be helpful.

Thanks
hi Moonlight

Yes dependent of your sister can work as long as he last grant leave as a dependent of tier 4 migrant and now applying at the same time with tier 4 migrant.

and

course is degree level and above

and

Duration of course is more than 12 than months.

Here is the link for proof

Read point 37

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... olicy1.pdf

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:21 am

If they are switching from PSW then the husband won't be eligible to be granted leave as a tier 4 dependent if she is studying at a private college (unless she is government sponsored)

KAJI

Post by KAJI » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:02 pm

Greenie wrote:If they are switching from PSW then the husband won't be eligible to be granted leave as a tier 4 dependent if she is studying at a private college (unless she is government sponsored)
if switching from psw to tier 4 in a private college and if psw dependent can not get visa, is there any chance to get appeal rights and win the case?

htrmi
Newly Registered

Post by htrmi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:57 pm

hi there,

i applied for tier 4 visa and got it within 1 week after my interviiew but the wierd thing is they diid nt sennd anything for my dependent .... no passport no rejection letter nothing .... its been almost 3 weeks m waiting....

previously i was on psw and he was my dependent and now i got admission in a highly trusted colg .. m scared bcoz other ukvi r doing different things with ppl ...... in my class 4 ppl got visa and their dependent get visa with working rights..... one's dependent got visa but without working right...... and ppl like me who r still waiting for their dependents....... if there is a rule like privte colgs dependent cant get visa then how come ukvi gave visa to few ppl's dependent ......

i dnt understand what shall i do now...... can anyone suggests me something....

right now m doing cima ..... shall i swiitch to phd (now no appeal right frm here scared me most) or tier 2 ......

anyone suggest anytihng plz?????
thanks