ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to Tier 5

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nagomi
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to Tier 5

Post by nagomi » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:48 am

I am currently on Tier 2 (General), valid until mid-October. I need to wait until at least end of 2017 before I can apply for ILR through 10years long residence.

If I resign before my current leave expires, and apply for Tier 5 (YM),

1. Can I submit the application whilst I am still in the uk? Then leave the uk & wait for decision.

2. In order to be able to return to the UK asap, how long should I put as intended travel date.

3. Will there be any potential risk that my Tier 5 application could be rejected? My worry is my intention isn't for temporary stay but I need a visa to let me stay in the UK until end of 2017 before I can apply for ILR.

Thanks!

Casa

Re: Tier 2 to Tier 5

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:53 am

nagomi wrote:I am currently on Tier 2 (General), valid until mid-October. I need to wait until at least end of 2017 before I can apply for ILR through 10years long residence.

If I resign before my current leave expires, and apply for Tier 5 (YM),

1. Can I submit the application whilst I am still in the uk? Then leave the uk & wait for decision.

2. In order to be able to return to the UK asap, how long should I put as intended travel date.

3. Will there be any potential risk that my Tier 5 application could be rejected? My worry is my intention isn't for temporary stay but I need a visa to let me stay in the UK until end of 2017 before I can apply for ILR.

Thanks!
Why have you opened another thread with the same question? Please continue to post in the original thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1394986
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.