ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) eligibility criteria

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stay order
- thin ice -

Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) eligibility criteria

Post by stay order » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:29 pm

In guidance they say that it must be an undergraduate or postgraduate degree but not equivalent (no dipolma and postgraduate diploma) . So the degree is a must, and it must be from the UK.

The guidance also confirms that if the degree is not issued then acadmic reference must be submitted intead.
Last not least the degree must be completed in the last grant of leave.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) eligibility crit

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:42 am

Really !!!!

What nonsense Stay Order - where does it state in T5 GAE those requirements?...

I don't know what guidance you are referring to, perhaps you can post the link?

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:28 pm

provided the Certificate of Sponsorship Checking Service reference for which he is being awarded points in this application confirms:
(1) he is being sponsored in the government authorised exchange sub-category, and
(2) he lawfully obtained a UK recognised bachelor or postgraduate degree (not a qualification of equivalent level which is not a degree) during his last grant of leave, and

for you kind information its 245ZQ. Requirements for leave to remain

you must update you knowledge
hope helps

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Tier 5 GAE
Skill level
Any work applicants do on an exchange scheme must be skilled. Skilled work is
defined as being equivalent to National or Scottish vocational qualification (N/SVQ)
level 3 or above. The only exception to this is when migrants are coming to the UK
through a scheme set up as part of the European Union (EU) Lifelong Learning
Programme, when they may do vocational education and training at a lower skill
level.

Unless: Independent professional (includes):
have a university degree or technical qualification which proves they have
knowledge of a similar level to a degree

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... er-v18.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Unless: Independent professional (includes):
have a university degree or technical qualification which proves they have
knowledge of a similar level to a degree

hi, can you please help to find where exactly it say about the techincal qualification being admissiable?
i am sure you are correct, unfortunately people are refused on techinical/professional qualifications like LPC on a ground that its not a degree,

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:32 pm

that UNLESS professional is a different scheme,not for uk graduates who did equilanat qualifications .

so mine update is valid

stay order
- thin ice -

TIER 5 GAE urgent help required PLEASE

Post by stay order » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:39 am

MSC Level7 UK + PSW+ PGD level 6 UK +PGD level 7 UK

as above have i got the master degree in my last grant of stay or a pgd? which last they are referring to? immidiate last or any last?

rule "he lawfully obtained a UK recognised bachelor or postgraduate degree (not a qualification of equivalent level which is not a degree) during his last grant of leave"

thanks in advance

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:01 pm

T5 GAE does not require a degree nor does if have to be a UK degree if the individual has a degree as an absolute requirement.
Each scheme has its own criteria so your information is inaccurate and plainly wrong.
Please only comment when you know what your talking about.

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:13 pm

you are completrly un familar with Tier 5 GAE AND RATHER confused about the T5 overall.

T5 GAE is for the people who have completed their studies and want to work in the area of their studies. then how there is no requirement of degree??on what basis???see the rules i mentioned above, it must be a bacholar or postgrad, not even equalant and it has to be completed in the last grant of stay.even in the application form its mentioned.

update

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:26 pm

With respect, Frontier Mole is well placed professionally to advise on the UKVI requirements in this visa category. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Casa wrote:With respect, Frontier Mole is well placed professionally to advise on the UKVI requirements in this visa category. :idea:
what does this mean in the Tier 5 full guidance ?? i think it a good habit to accept your fault rather doing a baseless argument

"provided the Certificate of Sponsorship Checking Service reference for which he is being awarded points in this application confirms:
(1) he is being sponsored in the government authorised exchange sub-category, and
(2) he lawfully obtained a UK recognised bachelor or postgraduate degree (not a qualification of equivalent level which is not a degree) during his last grant of leave, and"

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:09 pm

No one can give you more direct advice than Frontier Mole. I will leave him to respond.
(Casa, not CR001)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:39 am

That is an interesting concept that I don't know Tier 5 :D :D :D

Let's get you sorted - T5 was NEVER for students to stay on in the UK after graduation. That was T1PSW, which is long gone due to the abuse of the visa. As a concession there was a method to transfer to Tier2 for U.K. degree graduates without the need to go through RLMT. This is where I believe you are getting this concept of a UK degree is needed.

T5 GAE is NOT a degree based scheme. A non degree individual can come to the UK under T5GAE scheme and do pretty low level work - NQF3. The various schemes have different entry requirements HENCE you are talking nonsense.

You are quoting T5 International Agreement in your so called knowledgeable response, which is a sub category of T5 GAE. It only applies to the sub category not the entire T5 GAE scheme

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: TIER 5 GAE urgent help required PLEASE

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:48 am

Hey there Mr Knowledgeable :D
Why are you asking for advice if you have such an amazing understanding of T5?
There is no relevance of your previous educational history for T5 GAE.

I am guessing you are trying to work out a way of getting to 10 years for ILR and thinking T5 is away to bridge that gap?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:58 am

Posts merged.
No need for multiple posts.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:59 am

Frontier Mole wrote:That is an interesting concept that I don't know Tier 5 :D :D :D
Reassuring to know you're not just making stuff up like some intern from Daily Fail. :wink:

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:37 am

noajthan wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:That is an interesting concept that I don't know Tier 5 :D :D :D
Reassuring to know you're not just making stuff up like some intern from Daily Fail. :wink:
...and I guessed that would make you chuckle. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:27 pm

If Stay Order would just come to the point - can I move onto T5 GAE? Yes you can if you can get a GAE sponsorship scheme to accept you.
Some of the dubious GAE schemes were closed down last year due to wholesale abuse. Internships that were not internships but just a method of exploiting desperate people offering so called skilled roles. But when it came down to it they were just underpaid standard factory / office roles where they were expected to do 50hours+ per week or they were threatened with visa curtailment. Modern slavery.
Others schemes were claiming skill transfer type that were no more than getting cheap low end unskilled labour into the country. Again exploiting the workers with less than minimum wage pay.

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:33 pm

i know you will not accept the fault and will kept misleading people with wrong info. no point to argue after this, you are exposed :P :P :P :P

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:40 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:If Stay Order would just come to the point - can I move onto T5 GAE? Yes you can if you can get a GAE sponsorship scheme to accept you.
Some of the dubious GAE schemes were closed down last year due to wholesale abuse. Internships that were not internships but just a method of exploiting desperate people offering so called skilled roles. But when it came down to it they were just underpaid standard factory / office roles where they were expected to do 50hours+ per week or they were threatened with visa curtailment. Modern slavery.
Others schemes were claiming skill transfer type that were no more than getting cheap low end unskilled labour into the country. Again exploiting the workers with less than minimum wage pay.
Documents we require if you are switching into the Government Authorised
Exchange sub-category from one of the student immigration categories
Sponsored students
154. If you have been in the UK in one of the following categories, you may have been
sponsored in your studies by Her Majesty’s Government, your home government, the
British Council or any international company, university or Independent School:
• Tier 4 (General) student; or
• student; or
• student nurse; or
• student re-sitting an examination; or
Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Policy Guidance version 01/2017 Page 48 of 56
• student writing up a thesis; or
• Student Union sabbatical officer
• postgraduate doctor or dentist.
155. For the purpose of this section of the guidance, ’sponsored’ means wholly supported by an
award which covers both fees and living costs. If you have had such sponsorship within the
past 12 months, you must provide us with the government or international scholarship agency’s
unconditional consent in writing, giving you their permission to remain in or re-enter the UK.
156. The evidence must be original, on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the
organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation. If the
organisation does not give unconditional consent or only gives permission for a limited time, we
will refuse your application.
157. If you have received private sponsorship during your studies (for example from an employer
or relative), we do not require the private sponsor’s consent.
158. More advice on sponsored students is available on our website, at: www.gov.uk/
government/collections/general-grounds-for-refusal-modernised-guidance
Evidence of qualification
159. You must provide an original degree certificate, academic transcript or an academic
reference on official headed paper of the institution which must clearly show:
• your name; and
• the course title/award; and
• the course duration (except in the case of a degree certificate); and date of course completion
unless you are studying a PhD course.
The academic reference must include all the information detailed above.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... y_2017.pdf
page 48, dont talk nonsense and do some reading, :evil: :evil: :evil:

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:56 pm

With the risk of repeating myself, Frontier Mole is possibly the only member contributing here, whose position doesn't require him to do any 'reading' on the Regulations regarding this category of application. What more can I say? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:03 pm

lolzzz kept miseleading people ,,,,, :P :P :P :P

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:27 pm

stay order, unless you can put your house in order and stop pulling faces at the people best qualified to help you this conversation will be terminated.

You can start by explaining what you're trying to achieve by pursuing this obscure subcategory of T5.

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:47 pm

i am just answering as i am reading, people are misbehaving me calling me nonsense etc for no reason.if you disagree you do it gently otherwise you have no right to insult and misbehave with others. be a gentleman

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Stay Order - if you keep clutching to your beliefs by all means try to apply for a Tier 5 GAE post and I look forward to you bleating about not finding a Sponsor.

You have quoted the Sponsored Student requirement which only pertains to students wholly Sponsored by a government body or some other similar organisation.

The bottom line is there is not an absolute requirement for a degree to meet T5 GAE. And definitely not one from the UK either.

BTW your PSW period cancelled out your T2 RLMT concession and the further study thereafter I am guessing is outside of the HEI's so you are desperately trying to find a route to remain.... T2 needs a RLMT and a sponsor willing to take you on.
Your thinking T5 GAE is a simple route to climbing to 10 years ILR - I wish you well finding whatever route.