ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme questions

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

phoebe.sensei
Newly Registered

Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme questions

Post by phoebe.sensei » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:13 am

Hi everyone, I'm an Australian teacher whose applying for the Youth Mobility Scheme & I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can answer for me!

First of all, I did my online application this morning & after I selected the visa I was applying for this message came up:
As part of a Points Based visa application, you should have already completed the self-assessment points calculator in order to determine whether you have the necessary points to make a successful application.

The documentary requirements for PBS applications are very strict and there is no room for discretion. You may find the full Policy Guidance which will be used to assess your application, detailing the exact requirements for each category of the Points Based System.

After you have completed the self-assessment process you should have recorded your results on the relevant Points Based System appendix which can be found on the UK Border Agency Visa Services website. FAILURE TO SUBMIT A PRINTED HARDCOPY OF THE APPENDIX AS A SUPPORTING DOCUMENT WILL RESULT IN A DELAY TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR APPLICATION.
I've completed the self assessment & printed off the PDF summary that says I have the correct amount of points but I don't understand what it means by saying I should have recorded my results on the relevant points based system appendix, am I meant to submit it online somewhere or attach it to my application? I'm very confused about this, could someone please help me?

This is website I applied for the visa on: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

My next question is much simplier. I understand that I need to get an official letter from my bank confirming that I have the equivilent of £1800 pounds but do I need to convert my money from Australian dollars to British pounds before I get this letter or do I need a sentence on the bank letter saying that this is the equivilent of £1800 or can I just give them a letter saying how many Australian dollars I have & then the visa office will convert that sum to british pounds to make sure that I have the sufficient funds?

I would really appreciate any help I could get for these questions!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:24 am

You fill out the part six of the Tier 5 (YMS) appendix (according to your points) and send this with the print-out of your on-line application. The UKBA will convert your currency based on the OANDA spot rate on the date of application.

phoebe.sensei
Newly Registered

Post by phoebe.sensei » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:08 am

Thank you so much! I've found the correct form now, thanks for helping me! You've just made my day =D

phoebe.sensei
Newly Registered

Post by phoebe.sensei » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:20 am

I'm sorry I have one more question. I know that I need to fill out this form: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 9-app7.pdf

But do I need to complete this personal details form also? http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s/vaf9.pdf

I realise that the bottom of the appendix form says that the personal details form needs to be completed either online or on paper but does answering those questions as part of the visa application count or when it refers to online is there something else?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just really want everything to go smoothly

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:30 am

If you are applying on-line, that is the actual on-line application form that you complete. You submit it on-line then print a hard copy, to which you attach the SA appendix. I have not seen the on-line format so it may be worth checking to see if the SA appendix is available on-line also (I suspect it is not).