ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

beckybraddick
Newly Registered

Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)

Post by beckybraddick » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:43 am

Hello... hoping for some advice please...

I am a British citizen and my partner is a NZ citizen.

My partner and I have been together since April 2014 and have evidence of living together since 30th June. We would be able to prove 19.5 months would this be enough to apply for a right to remain visa?

Would he have to go back to NZ and re apply?

Could he/we go back to NZ on holiday (once his visa expires) to visit family for 4/5 weeks and then come back on holiday to make up the additional few months?

Our plan is to marry eventually and have children, but do not want the pressure of immigration to force us into getting married :( even then what are the immigration rules for getting married?

What are the immigration rules if I did fall pregnant and have a baby before his visa expires?

I cant find a telephone number for UK immigration to ask them... this is all so complicated and frustrating.

Sorry for all the questions, any help would be great.
Thank you
Becky

bjws1987
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)

Post by bjws1987 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi Becky,

I'm sorry you're having these problems and I hope everything sorts itself out.

I'm not able to offer much in the way of advice, but I am having a similar issue (Canadian girlfriend) and you might want to keep an eye on the thread in case anything is helpful.

Click here.

Best of luck!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier 5 (Youth Mobility)

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:18 pm

You need 24 months proof of living as man and wife - there is no leeway at all on that.

If you married you'd need to earn an minimum of £18,600 per annum for the last six months at least, or have savings of £62,500, or a combination of the two subject to a formula you can Google for.

Please don't consider producing offspring just to get a visa.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....