ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 5 , got a British baby, what to do?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lucy0001
Newly Registered

UK Tier 5 , got a British baby, what to do?

Post by Lucy0001 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:47 am

Hi,
I am 25, an Australian citizen in the UK since couple of months with the youth mobility scheme visa, I came here and I got pregnant from a British citizen, I assume that the baby will be British too, the problem is that I am not together with the father of the baby, I would like to ask if there is any possibility that I can stay with the baby here after my 2 years visa finishes, or do I need to go back to Australia and apply from there for a parent visa, I can't apply for a partner/spouse visa.
please advise me what can I do, because I cannot support my baby by myself in Australia, so I will need to stay here so that the father can also financially support, as I will not be able to get any benefits, I am working, but the job I am doing is just a labour job.
Thank you

vinny

Re: UK Tier 5 , got a British baby, what to do?

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:08 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:25 am

If the father wants nothing to do with the child when born then you have a problem because the child will have no need to remain in the UK. As an Australian citizen you and the child can return to Australia without any issues and any financial support that is legal due can be paid in your home country.
The child when born will have potentially dual nationality but there does not mean they under your guidelines it has to remain in the UK. If you choose to remain that is for you to prove there are family links, if the father is stating he wishes not to have links with the child then there are no family links.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:55 pm

Lucy0001 wrote:Hi,

please advise me what can I do, because I cannot support my baby by myself in Australia, so I will need to stay here so that the father can also financially support, as I will not be able to get any benefits,
You will be able to claim benefits when you are back in Australia. Australia have a generous welfare state for single parents.

Any financial support you want from the father can be arranged there too. If needs be, that Australian court order can be enforced through REMO - Australia asks the UK to enforce their court order while the father lives in the UK.

LSTMcC3301
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by LSTMcC3301 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:27 am

I am in a similar situation but it is my girlfriend in Canadian, I am British but she is coming over here on the same visa and is pregnant. how did you get on in your situation? I hope everything went well.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:57 am

LSTMcC3301 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:27 am
I am in a similar situation but it is my girlfriend in Canadian, I am British but she is coming over here on the same visa and is pregnant. how did you get on in your situation? I hope everything went well.
This thread is 2 years old and the member only posted once and hasn't visited the forum since Oct 09, 2016.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.