ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

YMS Mobility Sticky Situation

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

georgbrown93
Newly Registered

YMS Mobility Sticky Situation

Post by georgbrown93 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Any advice here is graciously welcomed.

Me and my Japanese fiance have been together for 8 months.
We are 4 months pregnant and her T5 YMS Visa expires 1st March.
From everywhere I have read, all the odds are against us in extending her Visa or switching to a spouse Visa.
I don't make enough money, her English may not be good enough to pass the program, and whatever money we pay and unintentionally waste on a lawyer could all be very valuable money that can be put towards the baby's medical care in Japan.

I read the application is an expensive and lengthy process all while a short amount of time is against us. We decided about a month ago to take this on the chin and fly back to japan together to cut the risk of losing a lot of time and money, however there is of course the babies risk of flying such a long way. My fiance is happy settling for this decision but she also thinks our situation maybe rather uniquely awkward.

We have spoke with the people at the Japanese embassy and have asked advice from an Immigration agency. I understand there is next to nothing we can do without having to pay the price for a lawyer and take the risk of having our application rejected. Is there anything else that is worth trying or anyone else worth speaking to?

Casa

Re: YMS Mobility Sticky Situation

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:08 pm

If your fiancee remains here she would be facing a considerable bill for NHS charges related to the birth, amounting to at least £2,000, much more if there are any complications. Non-payment would affect all visa applications in the future due to strict regulations which have been introduced regarding the use of the NHS.

If you are unable to meet the £18,600 p.a minimum income, a FLR(M) application would be refused with the loss of the visa fee (£811). She would also have to pass an A1 level English test.

If your fiancee is at present only 4 months into her pregnancy and is in good health, the flight to Japan shouldn't pose a risk.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.