ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for masters after voluntary departure.

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ybz
Newly Registered

Applying for masters after voluntary departure.

Post by Ybz » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am

Hello there,

I was an F-1 student in Strayer university, VA,USA from 2008-2011. Out of 3 courses of a semester I missed 7 classes of one course because it was in another city, I was young and stupid to realize the strictness of F-1 student laws. I was out of status around April 2010 and applied for reinstatement. I was asked to submit documents to support my case of reinstatement, and I submitted. In the mean time, I was arrested by the ICE officers in my house on Sep 2010.

I was out of jail on bond. I then had court date June 2012, lost the case and I opted for Voluntary departure. I left USA September 2011, the date given by the court. Overstay of 9 months because of reinstatement, and court date, and voluntary departure process (ASAP program).

At the moment I'm in United Arab emirates, an expat of Bangladesh national. Strayer allowed me to graduate my last semester from UAE.

It been 2 years since I have been out of USA Sep 2011.

I want to apply for Masters in USA. Do I have any chance? Any waiver forms needed to be filled before applying? I will be returning to Bangladesh after my studies, where my family lives.