ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1/B2 is a Business and Tourist Visa??

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rakesh545
Newly Registered

B1/B2 is a Business and Tourist Visa??

Post by Rakesh545 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Hello Friends,
I currently hold a B1/B2 Visa for USA. I got this visa through my company who wanted me to go to US on a Business Trip. I never went on a Business Trip to US as few things didnt work out.

Now, I'm currently in london and want to visit a relative in US. Can i use the same visa that i currently hold? or Do i have to apply for a fresh Tourist Visa.

I know that B1 is for Business Visist and B2 for a Tourist. will there be any problem in going to US on a Visa which was applied with an intention to go on a Business Trip??

Please help me out...

Cheers
Rakesh

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: B1/B2 is a Business and Tourist Visa??

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi. Yes, you can use your B1/B2 visa, as long as it has not expired.

Rakesh545
Newly Registered

@Above

Post by Rakesh545 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Thank you for a quick reply.

To give futher details - I had got that visa while i was in India. And im now currently planning to go to USA from London. I believe this will not have any impact??

Also - Would the immigration officers at the Airport know that i had got this visa originally intended for a Business visit and question me why im travelling to see a relative on this visa??

Are there any supporting documents that i might need to produce at the immigration counter??

Cheers
Rakesh

vinny

Re: @Above

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Rakesh545 wrote:To give futher details - I had got that visa while i was in India. And im now currently planning to go to USA from London. I believe this will not have any impact??
I don't think so.
Rakesh545 wrote:Also - Would the immigration officers at the Airport know that i had got this visa originally intended for a Business visit and question me why im travelling to see a relative on this visa??
Not important.
Rakesh545 wrote:Are there any supporting documents that i might need to produce at the immigration counter??
See also Entering the U.S. - Port of Entry and related links.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

elisajones
Newly Registered

Post by elisajones » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:35 am

Entering US on a B1/B2 visa from London should not be a problem as long as your visa is valid. As for documentary evidence, you may need to prove at the port of entry that your stay is only temporary. If you have your return ticket that would help. You may be asked about the details of your stay in the US. Who you going to stay with, how will you support yourself financially, etc. Be prepared to answer these questions.