ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1/B2 Visa - DIFFERENT QUESTIONS ASKED

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

josepha
Newly Registered

B1/B2 Visa - DIFFERENT QUESTIONS ASKED

Post by josepha » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:13 am

Hello. My husband and I have just completed non-immigrant visa forms online. We are the same age and we hold the same nationality. However he was asked more questions. Is this the norm?

He was asked what other countries he has visited in the last 5years, additional info on training and qualifications, 5 year work history as well as whether he is a member of a clan or tribe etc.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:03 am

yes I believe that is right. in the past before the DS-160 online form, men aged between 17 and 65 (I cant remeber the exact range) used to fill in a extra form whe applying for visa. i takke it they have now transferred that to the online form

francis5k
BANNED

Post by francis5k » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:16 am

B1 its for business B2 for tourist, The B-1 Business Visa is approved for business visitors who wish to enter the United States for a temporary period of time to engage in valid business activities, such as meetings, conferences, negotiating contracts and consultations. The B-2 Tourist Visa is also known as the visitor visa. The B-2 Visitor Visa is approved for individuals who wish to enter United States for a temporary period for pleasure, travel to visit family, friends, engage in tourist activities or receive medical treatment. The B-2 Visitor Visa can also pertain to individuals who will accompany a spouse or partner who enters the United States on another visa status.

raziya
BANNED

Post by raziya » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:48 am

Business travelers may enter the United States using a B1 Visa, or 'Visitor for Business' Visa. In practice these visas are invariably issued as jointly with B2 Visa, or 'Visitor for Pleasure' (i.e. Tourist) visa. This practice means that, if a candidate has an old tourist visa, it may be valid for a planned business trip. For those who come under the visa-waiver scheme, details of which are provided below, there is usually no need to apply for a visit visa at all if the candidate wishes to visit the US for three months or less.