ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

b1/b2 VISA

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

timefactor
Member of Standing

b1/b2 VISA

Post by timefactor » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:25 am

Hi all,

I've b1/b2 visa stamped in my passport valid for 10 years. but i have'nt got the chance to travel. does this visit visa having any time limit for the first travel.

TIA
t-factor

Filip
Newly Registered

Post by Filip » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:36 am

Hi,

I am pleased to answer your question.
No, there is no time limit requirement . You may enter the US at your convenience.

All the best!

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Re: b1/b2 VISA

Post by Cosmopol » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:45 pm

timefactor wrote:...does this visit visa having any time limit for the first travel.
... as long as it's within the 10-year period... ;)

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:13 pm

You can travel to the US within the validity of the visa including up to its last day. The visa does not guarantee you right of entry into the US and the Department Of Homeland Security Official at the relevant Port of Entry has final say on the matter. He/she will admit you in either class B1 or B2 depending on the purpose of your trip and state the length of stay on form I-94 aka arrival departure record. Note that the US State Department has the power to cancel visas issued to anyone or to certain nationalities at any time as happened to Iraq nationals holding diplomatic visas during the gulf wars. I assume you are a national of a country which is on 'good terms' with the US as evidenced by the issuance of a 10 year visa so you should be pretty safe from the above scenario :) .

timefactor
Member of Standing

tks

Post by timefactor » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:29 am

Hi Kaya, Cosmo, filip,

Thanks for the info.

I'm an indian citizen and in london, UK on WP