ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B2 visa.. Please help with some advice

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kinder2013
Newly Registered

B2 visa.. Please help with some advice

Post by Kinder2013 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:58 pm

Are you able to help with some information? We r planning to visit US in July this year.

At the embassy, do the officer take all your documents or just asks you for what he needs?

I'm on maternity leave ...my husband works and we have joint account with enough money. I pay most bills. But I only works part time.

What docs do I need to submit?

My family ties are my husband and my daughter...who I'm travelling with. My husband is British so is my daughter , I have permanent UK permit( ILR). And other ties are my part time job approx 250 per/month which I will return to after my maternity leave ends in May. I am also receiving maternity allowance. Is this enough proof of ties in UK

Your help would be appreciated. My appointment is at London end of feb .

Many thanks

Kinder2013
Newly Registered

Re: B2 visa.. Please help with some advice

Post by Kinder2013 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:56 pm

Just to help people with similar situation even though no one replied to my questions. :?: :mrgreen:

Visitor's visa to US (b2) granted this week - london embassy!!! :D

No documents asked.

Only questions about my trip, my work, my husband's work, and my UK permanent resident - 2 minutes interview.

There was a long queue.. you can take your bags and phone. They stopped people with laptops.

You get given a number at reception. Then you go in and sit in a hall..your number appears on screen.You get called twice.1st time for finger prints..they take your passport. 2nd time for the interview.

They use d160 to make decision I think..as they did not ask for any documents from me. Only a few questions.

I hope this helps a few people.

All the best

nicelady190
Mood:

Re: B2 visa.. Please help with some advice

Post by nicelady190 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:27 pm

Same thing here for me. The Only question they ask was about my job which I work with the NHS and if I have any kids and the answer is yes and my husband. Am traveling alone. Less than 2mint interview and visa approved no documents asked. Good luck