ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bad criminal record - working visa to USA

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dmax

bad criminal record - working visa to USA

Post by dmax » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:50 am

a friend was convicted more than 20 years ago in a diplok crown court on a terrorist charge ( armed robbery) he was sentenced to 2 years.

he wants working visa to USA and has a work pack etc made up from an employer.

will he get a visa or not ? also crimes of serious assults etc on his record but no drugs.

dmax

Casa

Re: bad criminal record - working visa to USA

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:02 pm

A visa for the USA with a terrorist charge? No chance...although you've said armed robbery/terrorist charge...both? The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act does not apply to United States visa law so it's irrelevant how many years have passed since they were sentenced for the crime/crimes.
The visa application will be blocked by the United States Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection (DHSCBP).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.