ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen - Interview Tomorrow - Spouse Visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iamsuperbritish

British Citizen - Interview Tomorrow - Spouse Visa

Post by iamsuperbritish » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:35 pm

Hello, All.

I am happy to say I have my interview at the US Embassy in London tomorrow (June 22nd, 2016). My wife is an American Citizen and I am British. She initially put in the I-130 petition in for me back in March 2015. However, we put it on the back-burner for a few months to see if we had any chances for her British Spouse Visa.

As you may be aware, the British Immigration system is the worst and puts couples through torture for years before they tell you anything - long story short, we went into appeal and decided to bugger it. We decided in January this year to continue with the US Spouse Visa. I filled out all forms, prepared all paperwork and gathered all documents myself (saving me a few thousand dollars for Attorney costs).

I have outlined all my steps and timing approximations below:

1. Filed I-130 application with proof of marriage in the final week of March of 2015 ($420).

2. Received confirmation that it has been accepted at Lockbox in Nebraska, also in March 2015.

3. I received notification that I had one missing document - so resent that specific document.

4. My file was transferred to the NVC (National Visa Center) and received confirmation on December 4th, 2015.

5. The NVC confirmation instructed me to do the following:
- Assign an agent DS-261, so I assigned myself
- Pay the Affidavit of Support fees, so I paid $120
- Pay the Immigration Visa DS-260 fees, so I paid $325
- Submit Affidavit of Support and supporting documents, so I submitted my wife's and brother-in-law's financial docs such as IRS Transcript, W2 and Employer confirmation letter as well as proof of citizenship/identity/address/relationship, marriage proof, police certificate, birth certificate, passport copy and signed Affidavit of Support forms I-864

I submitted all of this in March this year (2016).

6. Got confirmation from the NVC on May 6th, 2016, that the NVC has received everything they need and it is being sent to the Embassy in London for interview scheduling.

7. On May 10th, 2016, I received my US Embassy Interview date and time of June 22nd, 2016.

8. I then scheduled my medical for June 8th, 2016 at Knightsbridge Doctors in London.

9. Obtained a vaccination report from my doctors before the scheduled medical date (£33).

10. Attended medical and learned that I needed to update my vaccination with 2 new shots, so I paid £80 for 2 new shots and another £250 for a full body medical check.

11. Medical report is sent to the Embassy directly in approximately 4 days from the day of the medical.

12. Prepared all my original documents:
- Valid Passport
- Passport copy
- 2 x (2"x2" passport photos) - the size is American size photos
- Birth Certificate
- Birth Certificate copy
- ACRO Police Certificate (£45 from what I remember)
- ACRO Police Certificate copy
- Marriage Certificate
- Marriage Certificate copy
- Marriage Deed
- Marriage Deed copy
- ALL correspondences received from the USCIS and NVC
- Copies of Affidavit of Support documents initially sent to NVC
- Tonnes of evidence of marriage, traveling, communication, gifts and general living life together on a long distance basis

Note: Affidavit of Support documents and forms were sent by the NVC to the Embassy in London and I am not required to take it in again, but just in case of any issues I am still taking it in. Also, everyone's case can be different - so the NVC will write to you with what you need to take to the Embassy. The list above outlines me acquiring everything they asked for and extra stuff in case.

I hope I have outlined my case end to end with enough information to help anyone out there that is in similar circumstances.

Regards

amzlou90
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizen - Interview Tomorrow - Spouse Visa

Post by amzlou90 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:24 am

Hi, How did the interview go. My application is currently with NVC and we are waiting on them to finish their processing and send it on to London embassy.

Thanks
Amy