ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hari.vadlapati
Newly Registered

British Citizen

Post by hari.vadlapati » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi All,

I have a situation here:

I have got ILR a week ago. And my office will be moved to United States of America in a years time and I have to go as well.

Now if I got my USA visa stamped on my current passport, and when I get my Red Passport, is there a way that this USA Visa be transferred to my Red passport.

Thanks.

VR

US VISA

Post by VR » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Hari Vadlapati,

I shall explain the ground reality to you. I presume you have your US Visa stamped on your Indian Passport and it is valid.

1 year is a long time for you to sort this issue.

Note when you get naturalised you will have to surrender your Indian Passport in 3 months.

The US Visa is issued to you, not your passport. You can request your employers to arrange for a fresh filing mentioning that your nationality is changing and your passport is being cancelled and then once you have the fresh papers you can get it stamped on your British Passport.

There are several advantages of having it stamped on your British Passport.

Between UK and US dual passport is a distinct advantage opening up a whole new world for you from a professional point of view.

Also as soon as you get the British Passport you initiate the OCI process so that literally you can travel and work anywhere in the world.

You need not wait till you get your OCI. Finish the filing and after you land up in the US you can send your Passport by Recorded Post to have the visa stamped.

NOTE: NEW H1b filing will not fall within the Quotas for 2014 and this is a tremendous advantage and the US is on an UPSWING and it is expected the demand for H1b next year is going to hit the roof and another visa lottery is on the cards.

cheers
vr

PS: Advise check with the US embassy in London and be prepared for making the necessary arrangements in time with your employers