ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply to US visa if I already have an ESTA

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chrisdo
Newly Registered

Can I apply to US visa if I already have an ESTA

Post by chrisdo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:49 am

Hello,

I am a UK citizen and I want to issue VISA B-1/B-2 to the US, I already have my ESTA. My question is if I can still apply to the US visa? I am 55 years old and I like to travel in the US more than 90 days. Will it be a problem to obtain a US visa while I already have ESTS that valid till April 2017

Thanks!
Chris

vinny

Re: Can I apply to US visa if I already have an ESTA

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:02 am

May I apply for a visa instead of using the VWP? wrote:Travelers who are eligible for the VWP may apply for a visitor (B) visa, if they prefer to do so. If you do not meet all of the criteria explained in this webpage, then you must apply for a visa. Additionally, you need to apply for a visa if you will be traveling on a private aircraft or other non-VWP approved air or sea carrier. Review the approved carriers list. Also, if you intend to extend your stay beyond 90 days or change your status once in the United States (for example, you intend to request change of status to student or temporary worker, etc.), then you need to apply for a visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chrisdo
Newly Registered

Post by chrisdo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:08 am

vinny wrote:
May I apply for a visa instead of using the VWP? wrote:Travelers who are eligible for the VWP may apply for a visitor (B) visa, if they prefer to do so. If you do not meet all of the criteria explained in this webpage, then you must apply for a visa. Additionally, you need to apply for a visa if you will be traveling on a private aircraft or other non-VWP approved air or sea carrier. Review the approved carriers list. Also, if you intend to extend your stay beyond 90 days or change your status once in the United States (for example, you intend to request change of status to student or temporary worker, etc.), then you need to apply for a visa.
Thank you! I already have an ESTA(valid till 2017) Do you think that they will do me a problem in the interview to get a visa if I already have an ESTA?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:33 am

They may ask why you wish to stay longer than 90 days and require you to sufficiently demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country that will compel you to leave the United States at the end of your temporary stay (214(b)), etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.