ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case for I-130 , and where I stand,

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mgrmr2012
Newly Registered

Case for I-130 , and where I stand,

Post by Mgrmr2012 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:58 pm

I'd like to hopefully get some opinions on here if possible as to my chances of reentering the USA .

I've been married for almost 2 years to my American citizen wife,I didn't have a green card but we had begun the process, unfortunately a year ago I got deported for DUI , we tried to get a stay on when I was being held in jail but it was denied,we have applied for the I-130 adjustment of status , it's been in uscis control for a year now and unfortunately we haven't heard anything apart from it being moved to different offices as they are currently experiencing a backlog. My understanding is that I will need approved for this then I will need i-212 and also I-601 forms ,
We do have a lawyer to file this paperwork ,
We don't have any children and unfortunately my wife now has to stay with her parents as she can't afford to live in our house by herself ,I was supporting both of us and our little dog. This is basically the strength of our hardship case, is there anyone who could give me an idea of what to expect as far as decisions and timeline , my wife and her family are expecting this to go favorably and for me to be allowed back but I have my doubts . I have no idea on if or how long I've been barred for , any input would be greatly appreciated , thanks for taking the time to read my problem