ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry with diversity visa while on holiday

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Buddy7
Newly Registered

Entry with diversity visa while on holiday

Post by Buddy7 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question about diversity visa immigration and I hope someone here will be able to help.

A few weeks ago I successfully completed the diversity visa process at the US embassy in London and was issued the visa. I am planning to move to the US in late July (the visa is valid until October) but in the meantime I had already planned a two-week holiday there, starting in a couple of weeks. I am not sure if I can use the visa now, when I go on holiday, or if I should wait until I am actually arriving to settle there permanently. I would basically stay a couple of weeks (hopefully spend some of the time looking for a place to live and researching the job situation) and then return to the UK for two months to organise the move. Is this allowed?

I would appreciate if someone could confirm this. Many thanks in advance.