ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Green card holder baby born outside USA

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dhanesh_18
Newly Registered

Green card holder baby born outside USA

Post by dhanesh_18 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:32 pm

My wife gave birth to our baby in Canada last year as i am waiting for my Immigration interview. (F2A) I confirmed the law with authorities, that baby would be processed GC at the POE on the first trip of mother and baby after to birth to USA within 2 years.

BIG concern here is, due to pregnancy and waiting for baby's Canadian birth certificate/passport (which took around 5 months) she is residing in Canada since 8 to 9 months now. She will be heading towards US next week through Toronto POE with the baby.

Can someone please share the experience what happens at the POE if the stay is more then 6 months due to this genuine reason. She has past 4 years Tax returns, Driving license, Bank account etc...

Also, does anybody had similar experience of processing newborn's green card NA3 category at the POE.

Please share your experiences Experts!! We are just hoping for the best here. Everything is in hands of the Officer finally.

Thanks.

dhanesh_18
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by dhanesh_18 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:01 pm

No Experts in this Forum ?