ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

H1B processing from UK for an Indian passport-possible???

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aurosun
Newly Registered

H1B processing from UK for an Indian passport-possible???

Post by aurosun » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:00 am

Hi,
I hold an Indian passport and I am currently working in UK on a work permit. I am in the search of jobs in US and am planning to shift to US on H1 visa.

If I find a consultant who can sponsor my H1b, will I be eligible for a stamping of H1B in the UK itself or should I go to India for a stamping?

Also, pls could you let me know, when is the right time to apply for H1B..and when will the H1B quota be opened?

Many Thanks

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:37 pm

I beliebe you can stamp your passport in the UK, as long as at the time your are still there legally.

As for the quotes, it starts with the start of fiscal year on October 1st. However, I am not sure, how is it best to time the start of application process to insure maximum chances. If you (the sponsoring company) can afford a lawyer, that's always the best way.