ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

H1b Visa Refusal

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sridhar reddy
Newly Registered

H1b Visa Refusal

Post by sridhar reddy » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:50 pm

Hi,
Can some body help me,
I am an indian national but working as analyst programmer in UK from the last 2 years on a workpermit. I got a offer from an US based company,they sponsered my H1B and i had attended interview at london US embassy. The consular officer was not satisfied witht the documents ofthe company and has refused my visa under section 221(g) saying that he needs additional documents such as certified copy of full petition submitted to INS for approval of Non Immigrant Visa.My US company has sent me the papers and i have resubmitted the papers through royal mail special delivery along with all Original Passport,Workpermit and all original educational certificates and a selfaddressed royal mail special delivery envlope.
It has been more than 3 months since i have submitted my documents,I did not get any reply from the embassy.
Can anybody tell me how long will it take.and what are the chances of getting a visa.
an earlyreply is highly solicited.
thanks
bye
sridharreddy

-----------------------
edited by Cosmopol
-----------------------

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:50 pm

Since there was a denial already, it's really difficult to predict the outcome of the second round without knowing a variety of details regarding the US company and your personal situation in the UK. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.

As for the timing, 3 months is a long time, especially considering that the company is presumably looking to get you to work - any chance they might put pressure on the embassy as your sponsors? It doesn't hurt to show they are genuinely interested for you to start ASAP, as opposed to whenever. Have you made your own e-mail / phone inquiries regarding your pending case?

P.S. I removed your e-mail from the post: it is discouraged to openly publish your contact details; those who'd like to write you can do so by pressing the e-mail button if it's enabled.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:17 pm

The consular officer has doubted that your company meets the requirements to sponsor H1B's ranging from whether it is a bonafide organisation as evidenced by registration documents in relation to the IRS as well as presumably payment of the prevailing wage rate. On the issue of delay it seems that this is linked to the use up of the H1B quota and thus H1B visas for this Fiscal Year.