ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Or Advice About US Visitors Visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CirclesFloat
Newly Registered

Help Or Advice About US Visitors Visa

Post by CirclesFloat » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:01 am

Apologies in advance about my lengthy post here, but would really appreciate any help or advice you can give me. I am happy to provide any further information if needed.

I'm a British citizen with a new passport and am planning a trip to the US in the first week of November. I will be there for 7 days.

A friend of mine would like to come with me. She is Polish but has been living here in England for 8 years. She has a permanent address here and is in full time work. She also has a Home Office Residence I.D and a Polish passport which has recently been renewed.

She has been looking at the US Embassy website about applying for a B2 Visitors Visa.

My questions are:

1) What information / documents would she be expected to take to her interview for the Visa other than those stated on the form? Would it help if she had references or some form of statement from myself, employer, etc? Will she need proof of paying rent, bills, etc?

2) Will she need proof of our travel plans - E.G Air tickets, hotel address, etc?

I ask this because I have yet to confirm these details, and don't want to go ahead and book air tickets with her name in case she doesn't get the Visa.

3) Do I need to apply for the ESTA for myself? Is this compulsary?

4) Do you think there is enough time to achieve this - applying and acceptance of the Visa before my date of travel?

Sorry about all the questions - this is all new to me and I want to be sure that I get it right!!!

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:39 am

1) See also Visa denials.

2) No.

3) Yes.

4) See also Interview and Processing times.

More info.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.