ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I-864 marraige visa question for UK resident family

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nica
Newly Registered

I-864 marraige visa question for UK resident family

Post by nica » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:01 pm

I met my husband just short of 6 years ago in the US. I am a US Citizen and my husband is a UK citizen, he was in the US on a work visa when I met him. We married just short of 5 years ago in the US, we had 2 children there and I became the primary caretaker while my husband became the breadwinner for our family. When the company he was working for went out of business and canceled his work visa with no notice last year we had to make the tough decision to move to the UK where he could immediately find work and continue supporting our family. We don't intend to stay here and wish to go back to the US but we are a bit confused as to how. The I-864 only asks the sponsor's (my) income in the US, which is of course 0. I realize you can get a joint sponsor which in our case would be my father however his income alone would not be enough to support our family given the guidelines. We do not have further options available for potential co-sponsors. Given this back ground I will form my question:

On the I-864 or any variant of this form might my husband be able to report his income in the UK to meet the financial requirement of the petitioner (me)? Furthermore, having read that he may report his income if the source of income would remain the same after his acquisition of permanent residence, are there any circumstances where this guideline might be adjusted (i.e. proof of previous work in the US, proof of current employment abroad and proof of a company's intent to employ him pending his permanent residence approval in the US, or any other applicable variation we could consider)? If in the event that his income cannot be considered for whatever reason, what can we do? as the I-864 is required.

Please help. Thank You.