ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

j
Newly Registered

immigration

Post by j » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:12 pm

Hi all...new to this site....

Just some advice needed!!! i was born in the usa to an american father and british mother.
I have been living in England since i was 4, i am now 37 and want to return. I am married to a british citizen and have 3 children from my first marriage.

As i have only returned to the usa on holiday and not to live, i am wondering if i am able to "just walk back in" so to speak and will my new husband and my 3 children be allowed residency??????? also my mother who is now a pensioner and wants to buy a property in the usa????

Any advice or help would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanx
jxx

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

midbrain
Newly Registered

Post by midbrain » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:09 am

Do all of you have british passports?

The proper way to go for you;
Get your US citizenship using your US birth certificate from the US
consulate in UK. Since you live in the UK, you can file for immigrant visas for your spouse, mother and unmarried children<21yrs under the IMMEDIATE RELATIVE category at the US consulate in UK.(It should take some months {check with the consulate} for all of them to get permanent visas)

Adjusting status by going to US as visitors is not recommended for
your immediate relatives.

There is no visa restriction for buying property in the US.
Even visitors are allowed to buy property in US.

j
Newly Registered

Post by j » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:03 pm

Hi thanx for your reply..
I have an american passport the kids and my husband have british..its jut that i have been away for sooooo long didnt know which channel to take!!!

j :oops: :oops: :oops: