ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

L1A, L1B or EB1 to GC?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

matrix1781
Newly Registered

L1A, L1B or EB1 to GC?

Post by matrix1781 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi

I am an Indian national currently working in UK. I work as a manager for an oil company and am looking to move to the US. I have doen a bit of reading on various visa categories but am unclear on a few things. I have worked a manager from Jan 2010-Jan 2012 (in Saudi Arabia) then moved to UK worked on a staff role till May 2013 and have since worked as a manager again. I know L1B would be a straight forward option but reckon that it will take longer for a GC.

I have a few questions

If I apply for a L1A and come to US, how quickly can i get a GC. Can my company apply for EB1 instead of going through the hassle of L1A? is EB1 equivalent to a GC or will it take more time to get a GC after EB1? If I end up getting a L1B for ease of process what is the quickest way to get a GC?

Apologies for multiple questions, but want to make sure that I get it right before i start talking with my company.

Thanks

Raj