ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage & pending asylum at BIA

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

efalcon
Newly Registered

Marriage & pending asylum at BIA

Post by efalcon » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:06 pm

Hi guys,

I have the following situation:

1. The asylum application was denied by Imm.Judge. Currently the case is pending with BIA (on appeal).

2. After it was in appeal I married to US citizen. There are two application of I-130. One filed and pending with CS and another in conjuction with I485,864 and all supporting papers pending filed with local office.

I heard that the Local office is not going to adjudicate my case as long as it is in Immig.Judge's exclusive jurisdiction. Do I expect my local filing returned to me?

Other souce alleges that everything is fine. I just need to take the NOA (notice of Action) for I-130 (even though if it hasnt been yet approved) and remand the case back from BIA to the court,have the Judge to close the asylum case, cancel his order of removal and then wait for the interview based on the marriage. Then, they are saying the matter will be the subject of local office immigration officer's jurisdiction. Does it sound to any of you making a sense? Does any of you have similar situation?

Please share your thoughts